• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Juvie T Stirmi Enclosure

jasperbagley

Hey all, I'm getting a T.Stirmi on Fri. I Just finished its enclosure, and just thought I'd get an opinion. I've had one before, and I just want to make sure everything looks good. Any tips? It is about 2in. Spider. I know they grow fast. All the mosses were disinfected and rinsed thoroughly in hot and cold water. The sticks are to hold the burrow in until she arrives.
Can't Wait!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1927.JPG
    IMG_1927.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1929.JPG
    IMG_1929.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 49

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
From what I can see it looks good. Not sure if I see water crystals. Don’t use them. Have fun with your new arrival. :)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Anything slate or rock in a stirmis enclosure is not good. These are heavy spiders and they often drag their heavy abdomens around on the ground. This can cause a future drag injury. Think soft when you work with stirmis. They come from a rain forest that is basically wet soft leaves and moss...no rocks. ;)
20200418_172114.jpg

jasperbagley

Anything slate or rock in a stirmis enclosure is not good. These are heavy spiders and they often drag their heavy abdomens around on the ground. This can cause a future drag injury. Think soft when you work with stirmis. They come from a rain forest that is basically wet soft leaves and moss...no rocks. ;)View attachment 45464
Even if their grounded up into small rocks or powder?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Arachnoclown I spent soo much time on the enclosure dang. Ok Thanks man
At least your doing your homework. :D

Heres another discussion on it

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If your going for a decor look I would use a round smooth drain rock. I dont use perlite at all...I use vermiculite instead. Maybe @Phil Has???
never used perlite either. Used vermiculite previously (about 15 to 20 years ago thats all that was ever used for the full substrate not just a mix). I have all my Ts on coco fibre now. It seems to retain moisture well enough where needed. All 3 of my theraphosa species are on it.

Latest posts