• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New arrivals and some rehousing.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had 5 new arrivals today.
58148CBA-9A5A-45A4-9A43-5BE6B70425DB.jpeg
B Auratum
C3F14064-5D7D-4B95-B2D5-258AD38F3838.jpeg

T Rasti
23CE835E-E78B-416A-8136-8D910D7F477A.png

H Gigas
6FC703BE-034D-4280-BCB4-EC8CB37920AE.png

A Purpurea
Also recieved D Exilis but couldn’t get a picture
43D2E790-B80E-4A01-9379-22EC8D55D9BA.jpeg

other rehousings were
A Peru purple , H Sanguiniceps , A Crinirufum
D Pentaloris x2 , T Albopilosus , A Serratum
C Lividum x2 , B Epicureanism and
P Ecclesiasticus

Oh yeah. And there’s always one........
B6082804-81A2-4CEA-BA0D-2BDA35611ABA.jpeg

Can’t blame it thou, I was tearing its house down. P Murinus (bcf)

timc

3 Year Member
Beautiful collection you have going there and that t. rasti is stunning. Just an FYI while your label printer is still warmed up; avicularia sp. Peru purple is now avicularia juruensis or something like that now. I only know because I have one and Peru purple was just too easy to spell lol

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful collection you have going there and that t. rasti is stunning. Just an FYI while your label printer is still warmed up; avicularia sp. Peru purple is now avicularia juruensis or something like that now. I only know because I have one and Peru purple was just too easy to spell lol
Thanks :). I’ll look into it incase I’m wrong but what is now Avicularia Juruensis used to be Avicularia Urticans. Peru Purple is still being sold as Peru purple and as a sling it looks different to how our Juruensis did so I’ll probably keep it labelled as the breeders sold it for now :) I think the whole genus is abit of a mess now thou and no one really understands what’s what :L

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had a little look and the confusion comes from the USA.

It’s basically saying that in america there was already confusion between A Peru Purple and Urticans thinking they were the same species so when Urticans became Juruensis the assumption was that Peru purple did also. They share the same locality but are different species.
To summarise Avicularia Urticans is now Avicularia Juruensis and Avicularia sp. Peru purple is still that

timc

3 Year Member
Had a little look and the confusion comes from the USA.

It’s basically saying that in america there was already confusion between A Peru Purple and Urticans thinking they were the same species so when Urticans became Juruensis the assumption was that Peru purple did also. They share the same locality but are different species.
To summarise Avicularia Urticans is now Avicularia Juruensis and Avicularia sp. Peru purple is still that
Taxonomy is my least favorite part of this hobby lol

Latest posts