• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New and nervous!

babybluespider

Hi from Colorado! I am the relatively new parent of greenbottle blue. She is my first ever T and I love her! I got her from a shop so I can't be sure how old she is but she's definitely still growing. I have gone from feeding her one cricket a week to two or three after her last molt and I just want to make sure that she's a happy healthy girl. I figured I would appeal to the experts! If anyone has any advice about taking care of my girl it would be much appreciated (especially maybe about the unhappy little patch on her bum? I read that spiders do that when they're stressed, is there anything I can do for her? )
20180710_191029.jpg
20180710_191044.jpg
20180710_191622.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the group. She looks great. I don't see a bald patch at all. Gbbs have urticating hairs that look goldish mixed in with the orange...maybe that's what your noticing. She may also be placing her hairs where she's comfortable or a spot where she's going to molt. It's a natural thing for them to do to discourage pests and predators.

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
FB_IMG_1527649334235.jpg

Sorry I took so long to send a picture...busy at work. You can see here in this breeding picture of mine these two are freshly molted and don't flick hairs yet they both look bald. If you look really closely you can see it's actually urticating hairs. I feed mine 3-4 crickets every 2 weeks...their adults though. Yours looks like a juvenile so 2-3 crickets a week is plenty...mine love to drink water so make sure you have a deep dish.

Latest posts