• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Neith eating and setting trip wires.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
My Rosie is voracious and soooo fun to watch. <3 First 2 images are slightly blurry sorry. She has been looking and behaving splendid! Grows more beautiful by the day. AND for those who know, she stopped climbing the tank walls!!!! Worry gone. I did raise the substrate too anyways, just in case...

new1.jpg

new2.jpg
Can see a cricket butt sticking outta her mouth, hahaha.

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

Also: I have good video of her setting up her trip wires...going to try and upload that next or soon. :D

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Nice pics! Cute Rosie!:p I love watching mine lay her traps down too its really neat. I see you have a sponge in your water dish, remove it immediately! T's don't need it and it will just grow bad bacteria in your enclosure.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Nice pics! Cute Rosie!:p I love watching mine lay her traps down too its really neat. I see you have a sponge in your water dish, remove it immediately! T's don't need it and it will just grow bad bacteria in your enclosure.

WHAT. You know your my girl, hahaha, but Ive had like 20 people tell me to make sure I use a sponge. Like...I always hear and read to use them, this is honestly the first time ever I was told not to. Even in T books.

khatchet

3 Year Member
She right on the sponge it just grows things you dont want. They do fine with out them just keep the water where when she stands in it she is above the water.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
WHAT. You know your my girl, hahaha, but Ive had like 20 people tell me to make sure I use a sponge. Like...I always hear and read to use them, this is honestly the first time ever I was told not to. Even in T books.
LOL people told me the same thing girl, and finally when I posted a pic of my T on here and Kenny auctually saw the sponge and told me to remove it because of bacteria growing, I said the same thing you did. But yeah they really don't need it at all, sometimes I swear my Rose Hair takes a bath in hers lol shes weird!:p

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Hahaha, alright, sponge is removed!!! Thanks for letting me know. My Rosie would stand on the sponge and seem to suck from it. Now I'm interested to see how she does it ^.^ I bet my Rosie does something weird, shes an oddball. I know she doesn't like submerging her feet tho.

khatchet

3 Year Member
My rose would always get mad when I put water in and try to bite me. Then go kick dirt in it so I would have to change it again.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Yes I agree Rosie's are so common among the Tarantula Hobby I too think everyone should own one, there so easy to care for but there personalities are all so different lol they are awesome!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Lmao, I'm sorry khatchet but that cracked me up. Rosies are so diverse with their personalities I so agree!!!! I'm SO happy my first T is one...she sorta makes me feel like I can handle another one cause she is sooo...lol, schizo. She has like 2 personalities. Absolutely fascinates me, I LOVE it. Yay for Rosies!!!!! <33333 I want a Mexican Red Knee next, pretty bad. Can't wait.

OH! I just added another arachnid member to my family: Jumping Spider. STOKED!

BOTH.jpg
Sally in the tall one, new jumper (still needs a name) in shorter.

:D

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
I have always wanted a red knee too.

They are so gorgeous. Just something about them that reminds me of a vastly different colored rosie. I hear they're slightly more even tempered than Rosies. Like...All of our rosies seem to have such vast different personalities, I hear the red knee is alot like rosies just not so...unpredictable. I guess. I started wanting one when I was 14. Took me til I was 24 to get my first one, my rosie. 10 years. Hoping to have a red knee in about a year or less.

Latest posts