• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My rose hair wont let me touch her water bowl...

Rosawrath

I need to refill my rose hair water bowl but every time I go to grab it she trys to attack and bite me does anyone have any advice for me that does not involve me getting bit?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Squirt it in....
15731877850251296832123367828085.jpg

nubka

Sometimes, (depending on their mood,) I hold a light weight piece of cardboard in the tank as a barrier while I do what I need to do. It's usually not necessary, though. If I'm just squirting in water, they usually don't respond at all.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Same as the others, I just use a syringe with a blunt-tipped needle on the end, through a vent hole to save startling the T. The bowl may be soiled with substrate a bit but they don't find pristine water in the wild and they still survived for millions of years. Tbh if pristine water was so important to them they'd stop dumping substrate and carcasses in the damn bowl!.

Latest posts