• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new Ts....

TheVez2

3 Year Member
Just got a new shipment.

5 Neoholothele incei - olive
6 Neoholothele incei - gold
1 Hapalopus sp. Colombia PP

84d74fb44edcc5c462df565519f5a65a.jpg

00ceb0f407a0b51302052f32ad538442.jpg

1b9d3b296aef92c2f2b921eae09f4f1a.jpg

I’ve got one more shipment arriving tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
As with any communal.... they are until they aren't. Some get lucky, some don't.
Do they Ts attack each other during the molting process? I've read about scorpions doing so which is why it isn't recommended to have communal set ups until they've matured.

Sorry for all the questions lol. I would like to eventually (in the moderately distant future) set up a communal enclosure as I've heard they're quite fascinating to watch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

TheVez2

3 Year Member
Do they Ts attack each other during the molting process?

Although I am new to this forum and have not posted about my experience before, I'm sure there are tons of threads here about various communal experiences for you to research. I started with five 1/2" - 3/4" spiderlings and all 5 grew up to maturity. If they attacked each other just because they were molting, then I would not consider them a communal species. Eventually I had about 40 babies in the tank. I suspect just one pairing, but may have been more. I think there were 2 males and 3 females.
During feeding time once I do recall an adult dart out of her web retreat to grab a cricket, but she grabbed a spiderling by mistake. She paused, and then let it go unharmed.

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
Okay, thanks for sharing . Yeah, I'll definitely be doing much more research when the time appears to have be sooner rather than later lol.

Latest posts