• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My New Dolichothele diamantinensis & B. albos

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Bit of an update. My D. diamantinensis was rehoused and completely sealed itself up in its hide. To my relief, a little head popped out earlier! Thanks to @Phil for the advice and reassurance, as we all doubt and second guess ourselves when we worry about not seeing our spiders, particularly newbies like me!

View attachment 40402

One Brachy (Frisk) has had more substrate added to the enclosure and seems happy enough. The other, bigger one sealed itself into the burrow a couple days ago. Be great if it moults! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised as it's abdomen was looking huge, dark and shiny.

The LP is still tiny and doing its thing. When it moults I'll be estatic.

Really enjoyed keeping these four little guys. Can't wait to get more. I guess the more you have, the less you sweat the small stuff over each one!
looking good. Doing a great job @Jess S :)

Mrjuve

Some updates on my terrific trio!

Brachy 1

Burrowed on its first night + enjoyed a mealworm last night.

View attachment 40203

View attachment 40204

Brachy 2 (Frisk)

Hasn't bothered burrowing and is as sweet as can be. I'll be adding an inch more substrate and a higher row of airholes and will do the same with both of them.

Here it is with it's mealworm:

View attachment 40205

Dolichothele diamantinensis

Loves sitting out in the open but disappears down its burrow as soon as the lid is open, so I still don't have a good picture. This sling has also eaten and was rehoused tonight (with helpful advice from @Phil !). I've actually put it into an enclosure that is way too big really, but I'm going to see how it does. If it doesn't work out, I can downsize again.

I've got 3 fake leafy branches in there but probably will add a few more. I put a 2nd water dish on the other end of the enclosure too, just to make sure lol.

View attachment 40206

My LP sling is doing well too and I'll be updating in the Lasiodora section soon.
Great set ups. I'm now a fan of the Dolichothele diamantinensis. Gonna do some more research as these look awesome.

Latest posts