• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My giant Vinegaroon

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
This is "Rouge the Bug" my giant Vinegaroon, named for Rouge the Bat from the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
I've had her for a little over a year now and I've never physically seen her eat, yet she's fat as a tick!
Does anyone else have any of these? I'd be interested in talking with anyone who does :)
uploadfromtaptalk1393554477399.jpg

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
I used to have a trio of these as they were common back in the Philippines. They lived for more than 4 years until the ants decided to attack. I was at work when it happened so i hadn't save them >_<

Yours look pregnant though

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
I thought that too when I first got her, but she has looked like that for a year without being in contact with a male... is tgat possible?

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
Well they can store sperm for a long time so i wouldn't be too surprised. Though i know they gestate faster than normal scorpions do. My trio was all females so i didn't have a chance to know how long :D

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Weird. I wonder if the conditions aren't right for her to lay her eggs? I'll have to do some more research...

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Misting as needed, damp substrate, low ventilation, and I keep them dark. They are cave dwellers and don't like light.

InsertInvert

3 Year Member
Hey, my T is starting to be a bit more active. Is she in premolt? I shine a light on her bum because she won't come out of her hide but in the light of the flashlight her bum looks bald.

Latest posts