• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My GBB sling not eating after molt...

KHolyoak

3 Year Member
As the title says my GBB sling is not eating almost two weeks after molt. I read an earlier post that said it sometimes takes a week to a week and a half for them to eat.
She’s(I think she’s a she) had a full water dish consistently and a good temp inside her terrarium. Feeding her crickets currently, and it’s been about a month since she eat before molting.
Any help or info would be appreciated!

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Best advice is to just wait another week and try again. What size is the sling? Just make sure you have the proper prey size for the sling.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would recommend trying to feed it prekilled crickets or a cut up superworm

KHolyoak

3 Year Member
They’re pretty small crickets, I don’t know their exact size but they’re the same size I’ve fed her before she molted. I just tried putting another cricket in that I severely wounded but not dead.
She is about the suite of my thumb.

KHolyoak

3 Year Member
I did realize that her terrarium was on the cold side at 71 F. I have since warned things up to low 80s, could this have affected her wanting to eat?

Latest posts