• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Movie recommendations

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not really scary but remember Tremors?!

Yep! The first one was good....the second one was okay....but the remainder of them were stupid as hell. Lol. Kinda like Jeepers creepers. The first one scared the **** out of me (I was 18 when I first watched it)....the second one, I couldn't stop laughing! The 3rd one was stupid.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Yep! The first one was good....the second one was okay....but the remainder of them were stupid as hell. Lol. Kinda like Jeepers creepers. The first one scared the **** out of me (I was 18 when I first watched it)....the second one, I couldn't stop laughing! The 3rd one was stupid.

There was a 3rd one of both those films? ! Where have I been while that was happening???!!!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Haunted (1993 TV movie based on the Smurl Haunting)

The Leprechaun movies are weird, but I think they are actually good. Origins is the only movie in the series that didn't make sense. The revival is ok, but isn't the same.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Evil Dead- the original version

After I watched this movie, I stayed out of the woods for a while....we lived out in the country surrounded by woods and I wouldn't step a foot in em' without someone with me during the day....and never at night (when I was younger, lol). Takes a sinister producer to conjure up some sh*t that has anything to do with mother nature "violating" a woman....mad f*n crazy!

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just watched John Wick 3...action movies ain't really my thing but I can't stop watching the series. Mainly because of the storyline. You kill a man's dog, you better be prepared for vengeance. The topic continues with Halle Berry's character in part three. (And that beautiful pitbull is in it too)..

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just watched John Wick 3...action movies ain't really my thing but I can't stop watching the series. Mainly because of the storyline. You kill a man's dog, you better be prepared for vengeance. The topic continues with Halle Berry's character in part three. (And that beautiful pitbull is in it too)..

Seen it weeks ago. I can't wait for #4!!!!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Evil Dead- the original version

After I watched this movie, I stayed out of the woods for a while....we lived out in the country surrounded by woods and I wouldn't step a foot in em' without someone with me during the day....and never at night (when I was younger, lol). Takes a sinister producer to conjure up some sh*t that has anything to do with mother nature "violating" a woman....mad f*n crazy!

The ones I saw when I was young and terrified me like that was Alfred Hitch****'s The Birds (I must've been about 10) and Prince of Darkness. Saw that one in the cinema with my dad, think I was 13 or 14. Nightmares for weeks afterwards lol

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Really want to see the Fear the Walking Dead series. We don't get it on Netflix in the UK, and I ain't paying to see it. Also missed the last season or 2 of The Walking Dead because I had to cancel my Sky subscription (cable). Gutted as it was one of my favourites :(

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The ones I saw when I was young and terrified me like that was Alfred Hitch****'s The Birds (I must've been about 10) and Prince of Darkness. Saw that one in the cinema with my dad, think I was 13 or 14. Nightmares for weeks afterwards lol

I've seen The Birds....kinda boring to me.....but I need to look into The Prince of Darkness.....sounds interesting.... :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Really want to see the Fear the Walking Dead series. We don't get it on Netflix in the UK, and I ain't paying to see it. Also missed the last season or 2 of The Walking Dead because I had to cancel my Sky subscription (cable). Gutted as it was one of my favourites :(
Fear the walking dead is ok, but not as good. The walking dead is great but..Rick pisses me off with his morality dilemmas..he's a decent leader, but he could take a few lessons from Negan on committing to a course of action. The series is about played out for me.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fear the walking dead is ok, but not as good. The walking dead is great but..Rick pisses me off with his morality dilemmas..he's a decent leader, but he could take a few lessons from Negan on committing to a course of action. The series is about played out for me.
What is it about the walking dead that draws people in? I have not seen one episode.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club

Take a lesson from Negan!! You crack me up sometimes Mass, love it :D:D:p

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hmm, maybe I'll start binging it on demand tonight after the new episode of Ghost Hunters.

I used to be a big fan of GH. Especially the 1st couple of series, cos they didn't always find anything and debunked more stuff. That made what they did find more believable. Now they find stuff everywhere they go and it makes me skeptical.
I've missed loads of the newer series though so maybe it's improved.
My favourites were the apparation in the abandoned prison, the State Augustine Lighthouse and the crystal clear EVP of that Princess going "I'm here, where are you?".

What are your favourites from the series?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I used to be a big fan of GH. Especially the 1st couple of series, cos they didn't always find anything and debunked more stuff. That made what they did find more believable. Now they find stuff everywhere they go and it makes me skeptical.
I've missed loads of the newer series though so maybe it's improved.
My favourites were the apparation in the abandoned prison, the State Augustine Lighthouse and the crystal clear EVP of that Princess going "I'm here, where are you?".

What are your favourites from the series?
Mt. Washington hotel, can't remember the place, but an audible voice can be heard saying "I like the one in the hat", the three episodes that gave them recognition (st. Augustine lighthouse, Eastern State Penitentiary, Waverly Hills Sanatorium).

Thought of another movie that is very underrated: Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman. It is a weird fantasy movie, but I find it to actually be good.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Yes, the apparition in the prison I remember must've been the Eastern State Penitentiary episode. Definitely rings a bell!
What happened at Waverley Hills?

Yeah I liked Van Helsing too. I also liked the first couple of Blade films. My all time favourite vampire film though it is corny as hell is The Lost Boys. Mainly because I saw it when I was a teenager, and it has become an iconic film for me that reminds me of being young and carefree etc

Latest posts