• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MF T. Vagans size

New2T’s

3 Year Member
Hey everyone. I’m just wondering what size ppl’s MF T. Vagans are. My girl was huge when I got her and she jus molted yesterday. She’s gotta be pushing 7 inches now. Her molt is 6.5 inches. I got her from guy most of my Ts come from and he said he’s never seen one the size she is. She’s a monster now!!! I’ve read females can get to around 6 inches. Do females usually get this big or is my girl just a huge specimen. Thanks!!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey everyone. I’m just wondering what size ppl’s MF T. Vagans are. My girl was huge when I got her and she jus molted yesterday. She’s gotta be pushing 7 inches now. Her molt is 6.5 inches. I got her from guy most of my Ts come from and he said he’s never seen one the size she is. She’s a monster now!!! I’ve read females can get to around 6 inches. Do females usually get this big or is my girl just a huge specimen. Thanks!!
Hello friend, any chance we could see a picture of the "monster"?

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
my girl is pretty big :)
84E1913C-74BB-4BF1-8E4E-ACEE1B3B6BF5.jpeg

New2T’s

3 Year Member
Hello friend, any chance we could see a picture of the "monster"?
Yes, she’s scrunched up still, but I’ll send pics of her still on her back. Fangs are huge. And of her upright. Can’t wait to get one of her all stretched out.
942173DF-3384-4ECA-9798-3C145014CA22.jpeg
0564BB9A-E401-4FA7-8178-2042C0A8190A.jpeg
4B9846BA-5361-4FF3-BF04-E3A9366E53DB.jpeg

And yes, the substrate is pretty wet by the water dish. Elbow hit the cabinet and the water spilled and made a mess.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One thing I noticed, compared to my previous T. vagans, is that even as yours just molted the red hairs on the abdomen are not coming out as bright/reddish as I remember them to. Am I the only one seeing it? @Arachnoclown @Poppy2020 what do you think?

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
One thing I noticed, compared to my previous T. vagans, is that even as yours just molted the red hairs on the abdomen are not coming out as bright/reddish as I remember them to. Am I the only one seeing it? @Arachnoclown @Poppy2020 what do you think?
I can see the red— looks like a T. vagans to me—- my girl has reddish setae on her bum and slightly reddish lining the outside of her carapace.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If I may add.... you may want to bump her up to a bigger enclosure and add more substrate so she can burrow.
Unlikely she will burrow at this age. I have a SAF that's about 4-5" and shes basically a pet rock but a very pretty one.

PXL_20210212_151308887.MP.jpg

She had a thing for her water dish for a while, grappling it like a soccer ball, spilling the water and puncturing the dish with her fangs.
MVIMG_20200715_061006.jpg

Yes that is a skull in her enclosure. I am a ridiculously clichéd keeper.

Latest posts