• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mexican Fire Leg (Boehmei)

RobnBig

3 Year Member
Anybody with any thoughts on this tarantula? Pretty much the same as the curly haired? Temperament? Thanks for any insight.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
I don't have one, but from what I read they are notorious flickers, and a bit nervous. I don't think in general that they would be as docile as B albopilosum, but there are exceptions with individuals. Care and enclosure set up should be the same as a curly though.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I had one that was ok but my friend had one that you couldnt even fill the water up without it flicking hair and having a hissy fit. They are very pretty tho.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't have one, but from what I read they are notorious flickers, and a bit nervous. I don't think in general that they would be as docile as B albopilosum, but there are exceptions with individuals. Care and enclosure set up should be the same as a curly though.

This.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
my Mexican fire leg can't be bothered. she flicks hair when ever someone comes near her enclosure, but she will let me get her out when needed. on the most part I just leave her alone and just keep the water dish full and her fed.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My BB only moves when I open her container. She actually walks up to the edge and waits for me to drop her a (dead) cricket. It's kinda odd...

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Define active? Tarantulas aren't exactly exciting. A,Geniculata, and L.Parahybana get huge and typically stay out in the open. Some of the best display Ts.

RobnBig

3 Year Member
Exactly what I mean. Like to "show off" by being out. Thanks. What do u use for enclosures. Are aquariums too big?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't like glass. hard to keep heat or humidity. I use sterilite 27 qt tubs. they're Clear,cheap,and my Ts thrive in them.

RobnBig

3 Year Member
Define active? Tarantulas aren't exactly exciting. A,Geniculata, and L.Parahybana get huge and typically stay out in the open. Some of the best display Ts.
Wow those are some big suckers Kenny! Those would be impressive for sure. Could probably feed them small monkeys. How much for the spiderlings? Do you sell or just collect?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I do both. But I actually just (yesterday) sold out of both. I typically sell 1"Genics for $20 1" Parahybana for $10

RobnBig

3 Year Member
I do both. But I actually just (yesterday) sold out of both. I typically sell 1"Genics for $20 1" Parahybana for $10
Whats shipping cost? My wife hates my new hobby. She doesn't understand any connection between human and spider. I try to get her to watch some u tube videos of people and pet t's. How neat it is that people interact with them and know their personalities. I would rather buy form somebody who cares but may have to find local stuff to keep cost down.

RobnBig

3 Year Member
shipping ranges from $10-$85. Most use USPS which is $10 or less for 2nd day $38 for next day.
Whoa I could do second day for sure. Maybe we could do like a drug dealer. First spider is free (plus shipping) so I can sample the goods? Just kidding. .........or am I? Lol!