• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mex red knee temps

ladeedadee

To keep it short I need help regulating the temp in my babies enclosure … my rooms upstairs and it feels hot as **** up here regardless of if the ac’s running fine downstairs plz helppp

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To keep it short I need help regulating the temp in my babies enclosure … my rooms upstairs and it feels hot as **** up here regardless of if the ac’s running fine downstairs plz helppp
B. hamorii are a good species to start with. They are very easy to keep. With that said, don’t worry too much about temperatures. Really anything as low as the 70s and as high as the 80s are good. If the room it’s in gets as hot as the 90s, then a fan or AC will help keep the temperatures down a bit.

On a slightly unrelated note, your profile says you are from Indiana. I grew up in Hoosier country, so I know temperatures can be dysfunctional any given day, so unless the room feels like the heatwave from a couple days ago, then the tarantula should be fine without any supplemental air outside of the air conditioner.

whelan.webs

Is your substrate damp? If so and they have a shallow burrow (not a full one as they are terrestrial) the burrow should be sufficient enough to be cool for them with damp substrate in this weather

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
In my experience keeping this species, they aren't as picky as it's made out to be. Mine see low 60s in the winter and 80s in the summer with no ill effects