• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Malformed spinnaret

WolfieKate

Morning everyone. So my D Pentaloris had a tough molt. She’s gorgeous and I love her but I noticed from the start that she had some silk stuck to her bum. And Ive seen her get quite annoyed about it. On closer inspection she’s lost the top section of her right spinnaret. It keeps getting stuck to stuff. So she’s eating ok but do I just remove the debris on her butt when it gets too much. Yesterday it was collecting small lumps of substrate and she was kicking her butt trying to free it. Thanks. Kate.

Attachments

• IMG_20241018_133632_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20241018_133632_Original.jpeg
    973.5 KB · Views: 22

Tarantula Trooper

3 Year Member
As long as the silk flows out of the bad spinneret hopefully things will stay good! If the spinneret clogs then it will definitely be a bad thing! I would definitely keep close eyes on this. Never had a T with a spinneret issue but a clogged one I believe can be life threatening to them. Hopefully someone on the forum that's dealt with this kind of thing can give more insight. Hope all goes well till the next molt and the spinneret will heal/ regrow correctly!