• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M. balfouri Enclosures

MajinBuuSama

Hey friends! Around the 28th of this month I have a friend That will make to me a custom-made enclosures, and I thought a 30x30x30 for my M.Balfouri, would these dimensions be fine? Then I wish I could have some Advice on setting up, I would very much like a Bio terrarium with Plants.. can it also be done with that species that needs not too much humidity? And then how I can transfer She? Seeing that she want bite me for any action I do in she's terrarium? Thanks a lot to those who read and answer me!

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_135923.jpg
    IMG_20210904_135923.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How large of a communal, how many spiders and how large each?
Balfouri are basically an arid species so if you go bio, swing it towards desert bio.

I have a communal of 15 balfouri in a 20 cm cube, eventually I'll need to live them the largest one is 5cm, smallest is 2 or 3 cm.

MajinBuuSama

How large of a communal, how many spiders and how large each?
Balfouri are basically an arid species so if you go bio, swing it towards desert bio.

I have a communal of 15 balfouri in a 20 cm cube, eventually I'll need to live them the largest one is 5cm, smallest is 2 or 3 cm.
I thought I was just keeping her

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought I was just keeping her
My bad. Apologies.
A 30 cm cube will be fine for a single adult female balfouri. At full size she should be 12-13 cm.

For rehousing I recommend using a catch cup to safely move the spider with no risk of you or it getting injured. Here is what I use for larger spiders.
PXL_20210829_172545719.MP.jpg

Catch cup with holes, a long plastic zip tie and a cardboard card that covers the opening of the cup.

MajinBuuSama

My bad. Apologies.
A 30 cm cube will be fine for a single adult female balfouri. At full size she should be 12-13 cm.

For rehousing I recommend using a catch cup to safely move the spider with no risk of you or it getting injured. Here is what I use for larger spiders.
View attachment 59540
Catch cup with holes, a long plastic zip tie and a cardboard card that covers the opening of the cup.
thanks a lot! when it will be possible maybe if you have to move I could see how it does? forgive me but I never did and I wouldn't want She escape or we both get hurt :/

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sure, I can try lol
How large is your balfouri?

For the record, I have about 3 different size catch cups to make things easy, but the smaller the spider the less likely you are at risk while rehousing - it's more about preventing escapes.with the smaller guys.

I use a large plastic bin/tub to work inside so potential escapes are contained and easily reclaimed with a catch cup inside the bin. This is not practical with larger spiders and enclosures.

sunset

Welcome to the T Family!!

If you have access to YouTube, I have found great care guides, how to's, and rehousing videos on there.
I am a visual person my self and have found Tom Moran's channel :
Tom's Big Spiders, super helpful. He even goes into detail on the individual species rehoming, care etc..
I believe he has a video posted on this particular species. He also has many videos for beginners.
I also recommend Petco. His channel is called The Dark Den. He is currently keeping a communal of
your species. There are a few great keepers on there but these are a couple I follow my self and have used to help me get ready and prepared for my T's.
I hope these are helpful,
Best wishes

Latest posts