• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for GBB advice

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I ordered my first GBB sling (3/4" - 1"). It should be here in about two days. Really looking forward to keeping one, when I was keeping Ts 12 years ago they were a little too pricey for me.
I've read that they are hardy, and was looking for advice. I'm especially curious what kind of substrate works best and their humidity requirements. Thanks in advance!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They're pretty easy. Despite what anyone tells you they are not in any way arboreal, so set them up as a terrestrial. as slings a humid enclosure is fine, but when they get larger they like it bone dry. Sub can be eco-earth,peat moss, potting soil, or any combo of the 3. when they get larger you do want to add decorations so they can anchor their webbing, but at 1" it's not yet neccasary. and congrats on your new GBB.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
They're pretty easy. Despite what anyone tells you they are not in any way arboreal, so set them up as a terrestrial. as slings a humid enclosure is fine, but when they get larger they like it bone dry. Sub can be eco-earth,peat moss, potting soil, or any combo of the 3. when they get larger you do want to add decorations so they can anchor their webbing, but at 1" it's not yet neccasary. and congrats on your new GBB.
Thanks, just the kind of info I'm looking for:T: