• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for a foster parent for our wonderful Chilean Rose in Socal. Please Read :)

Slickshoe671

3 Year Member
Hello Spider People,

I joined this forum in the hopes of finding a foster parent for our girl Abby. My wife and I picked her up from a pet store in Feb 2012. She molted within a week of having her (we thought we killed her) and again this past April. She loves to decorate and has only been feed store bought crickets. Well, she did eat a super worm once but I don't think she enjoyed it. We never handled her cause we both don't like bugs. Go figure.

I originally bought her to keep her in the garage and feed her when my friends come over for entertainment. It took about 5 minutes for us to completely fall in love with her. She stays in the house with us and is very well taken care of. In fact we are quite protective of her and get easy pissed when people (guest) mess with her or start tapping on her tank to get her to move. Im sure you all been there. Haha.

We love her so much and would love to keep her forever. Unfortunately I am terminally ill with Leukemia
and Im not going to be around for too much longer. How long? Who knows. They are out of treatment options so it could be two weeks or two month.

After I zip off into the universe my wife is moving back to Guam and wont be able to care for our sweet girl. We love her so much. We would like to see her go to someone who has a love for tarantulas, rather then hope that one of my friends gives half a **** to take care of her.

So if anyone here or anyone you know is willing to take great care of her please let us know soon. I'm hoping I can hang on to her until I pass and then her new caregiver can meet up with my wife to adopt her.

She is gorgeous. Ill take some pictures tomorrow and post them up.

Thank you so much for reading.

Clayton, Tiarra and Abby

Last edited:

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys. I am terrible sorry to hear about your situation, but applaud you for wanting to do the right thing for Abbey. I hope you guys can find a suitable home soon.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, I am also very sorry for your situation. Thoughts and prayers are sent your all's way, and Abby's, to find a loving home.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So Sorry, Thats a horrible situation. Wish I Could come and get her but Hope They come up with a miracle cure for You and You get to keep her.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If I may, I will pass your info on to others. I know a few keepers in your area who are not members here, but on another forum.

Slickshoe671

3 Year Member
Thank you for you kind words everyone. Just don't feel bad or sorry for me cause I don't. Iv'e had 21 great years plus the 12 with my wife which were even better. Seeing little kids and babies fighting cancer only leaves me feeling very lucky for what I have.

Thank you Scoolman.

Latest posts