• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

living plants in enclosers

donna

3 Year Member
i saw a pic recently, may be on here i dont remember where , of a tarantula set up with a living money plant / jade plant inside ,
i have these at home , one is about 3 ft tall, they are easy to grow & i was wondering is it really suitable for a t viv??
i dont want to introduce any bugs or anything that might hurt my ts

anybody know what other live plants can be incorporated into a t viv???

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=money plant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enGB508GB508&aq=0&oq=money plant&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very important to take care in what sp you introducde the plant too. I personally feel fake plants are the way to go.
Many plants can create toxins that would cause the T discomfort. Know what you're buying, make sure no pestcides have been used on it, and make sure the plant and T have the same humidity requirements.

donna

3 Year Member
Very important to take care in what sp you introducde the plant too. I personally feel fake plants are the way to go.
Many plants can create toxins that would cause the T discomfort. Know what you're buying, make sure no pestcides have been used on it, and make sure the plant and T have the same humidity requirements.

in that case i think we will just stick to fake ones, thanks

spider62

3 Year Member
Artificial plants are alot easier to take care of and still look good. Try craft stores, Walmart, and even dollar stores for good deals.

Latest posts