• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lifespan of Pamphobeteus platyomma

Alumentum

So, I've only recently gotten into the tarantula hobby but, I'm loving it so far. My GBB is my pride and joy right now besides my aquarium. Lately, I've been considering getting another tarantula or two.

One species that caught my eye is the one in the title. Problem is, I can't find much info on the life span of male specimens. Does anyone have any info or experience?

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
For males. I got my sling of a very similar species, P sp machala 2.5 years ago. About 2 weeks ago, he hooked out as a mature male.

The remaining lifespan is probably 60 days to 6 months.

Females can live for over a decade just like with any other type of tarantula.

Unlike many other species, getting a male isn't a let down. Males are brilliantly spectacular. Females are still not a bad looking tarantula but not as flashy.

They're a good introduction to moisture dependent tarantulas. Otherwise they're fairly similar to Lasiodora but a bit more nervous.

Alumentum

I suppose that's why I was so interested in them. The males are gorgeous, especially the pink/purple species. I suppose my question is, at what age do they show their coloration? Before or after becoming MM?

Latest posts