• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kael's Avicularia avicularia Journal!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I once found my versicolor in a very stressful curl on the ground. I got there in time and goosed him into the waterdish where he face planted for quite some time.

Since putting it up, I've had no issues. I then switched to the wine glass with no issues. In fact, it's one of his favorite hangouts.

shaun

3 Year Member
My spider went on a marathon run around her tank. My son recorded it but its mp4 so I can't upload. Is she looking for food? I am pretty sure that she has eaten two crickets in the last two weeks.

Avicularia Kael

I GOT A NEW ONE YAY!!!!!! This one looks like a mix of two morphotypes though. It was sold as cf metallica (M6) but looks like m6 mixed with m1

Avicularia Kael

Sorry to hear of your loss Kael. It does happen though, they have hundreds of babies in the hope that at least one will survive to maintain the population, we can't expect them all to survive in captivity. As Enn said, don't let it put you off. There's bound to be a member here that can post you a nice plump sling or juvie, it sounds like you started with a skinny sling that wasn't feeding properly, there may have been little you could have done to change things.
It was a 3 inch female not a sling btw

Avicularia Kael

It looks like sp peru purple actually. I don't know what that is called now.
IMG_0789.JPG

Avicularia Kael

In person compared to a few images it looks like it. The carapace also looks more like Peru purple’s. Also it doesn’t look like my old one.

Avicularia Kael

This is from a different seller. All of there Avics were cf. metallica or cf. peru purple. This one was cf. metallica but looks different. I'll just call it A. avicularia and be done with it. It's just so confusing sometimes.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you want a Avicularia purpurea go back and get one. You cant make something it's not. The reason Google images are messed up is for what you are doing now. When people search images your Avicularia avicularia image comes up as a Avicularia purpurea. Then some newbie thinks his Metallica is a Avicularia purpurea.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Honestly it's best to find a reliable seller. Buy what you want and be done with it. What your doing is trying to prove to yourself that you know more than the person who sold it to you and your wanting to find differences. Your convincing yourself it isn't what it was sold as.

Latest posts