• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just need some advice

Danielle Roberts

3 Year Member
hi! I'm Danielle. I haven't gotten my tarantula yet and I've never had one. I'm getting a pink toed, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice about what I need and should get to keep him healthy and happy. I don't want to get my tarantula until I have everything perfect so I really appreciate any help!!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you haven't read "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Schultz I highly recommend it. That's about all I can offer as I currently just keep terrestrial species and have just started with arboreals (no avics). I am sure others will weigh in on this.

Welcome!

Danielle Roberts

3 Year Member
i
If you haven't read "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" by Schultz I highly recommend it. That's about all I can offer as I currently just keep terrestrial species and have just started with arboreals (no avics). I am sure others will weigh in on this.
I'll deff read that! any other books?thank you!
Welcome!

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
READ THAT BOOK!!! It is really the best book out there! I waited 3 months for mine but it was so worth it. It has all the info needed for the care and husbandry of T's...Otherwise just surf the boards here,,,the amount of info here is infinite.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The book really is great. We have an A.avic; we keep her in an 8x8x8 Exo-Terra Nano cube (there are pics of the enclosure in the Enclosures section), with a piece of bark, some silk plants/flowers, a water dish and eco earth (kept moist) for substrate. We don't use any external heating, just keep her at room temperature. We feed her 1-2 good sized crickets usually once a week (sometimes 2 weeks). Had zero problems keeping her this way, she's always eaten well, and is now happily webbing herself a cozy hammock. Avics are a really great starter species, ours is nice as pie, though your mileage may vary, as personalities can vary even within 'docile' species :) Good luck :)