• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just got a golden knee :)

jon ross

3 Year Member
Hi peeps im back up to 6 ts now.

I had a mate offer me a juvi golden knee with viv for 65 quid

I asked for a pic and i got a pic of a huge viv made for snakes that was brightly lit up and she was on wood chips

I wasnt that interested at first but after seeing how she was living i said ill give him 50 quid and he took it

Once there it was apparent that it wasnt 8 minths old as he was told as its bigger than my chille. I googled the golden knee last night and it said they can grow up to 22cm so i think this one still has some growning to do :)

She seems cery calm to as i spent a good ten mins trying to get her out of the coconut shes in and she never seemed to get stroppy, just wouldnt come out

Ive put her in a critter keeper with coconut media and a water dish and just left her in her home. Ince she cones out ill get a pic and steal her coconut and cut it in half as its a whole coconut with a hole in it lol
Also now ive got a viv big enough for some snakes ;)

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi peeps im back up to 6 ts now.

I had a mate offer me a juvi golden knee with viv for 65 quid

I asked for a pic and i got a pic of a huge viv made for snakes that was brightly lit up and she was on wood chips

I wasnt that interested at first but after seeing how she was living i said ill give him 50 quid and he took it

Once there it was apparent that it wasnt 8 minths old as he was told as its bigger than my chille. I googled the golden knee last night and it said they can grow up to 22cm so i think this one still has some growning to do :)

She seems cery calm to as i spent a good ten mins trying to get her out of the coconut shes in and she never seemed to get stroppy, just wouldnt come out

Ive put her in a critter keeper with coconut media and a water dish and just left her in her home. Ince she cones out ill get a pic and steal her coconut and cut it in half as its a whole coconut with a hole in it lol
Also now ive got a viv big enough for some snakes ;)

Haha,the addiction hope you enjoy the beautiful T to its fullest !!!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new addition! Can't wait to see a photo!

jon ross

3 Year Member
Shes not on them anymore. She in a critter keeper with coconut media now. The viv was far too big and im not a fan of wood chips anyway

jon ross

3 Year Member
This is how i have my setup now

As you can see ive got the golden knee in a critter keeper and the three slings all in the one large viv as like a display case. It serves a few purposes, its secure and the cats cant get to the slings and knock them over, it looks better and also i have a large heat mat suck to the back wall so if it ever gets cold i can plug it in and keep em all warm :). Funny the heat mat says in a big yellow box DO NOT COVER. HIGH OUTPUT HEAT MAT. I found it under all the wood chips!

Oh and look at this. I have a new speices called an aboreal red chille lol

jon ross

3 Year Member
Yea i thought that too. Im going to het a bigger one very soon. Im waiting for her to come out of the coconut so i can chop it in half and have two shelters then

Latest posts