• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a bit of fun...

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Last week I ordered a new sling, an Orphnaecus philippinus, as my 1st one died during a bad moult. This morning I received an email from the shop explaining the last one they had has a leg missing would I be ok with it and that they would send some freebies. Package will be here tomorrow.

My question is what freebies do you all think they will send me? If you want to see what they have available you'll find them here https://www.tarantulasbristol.co.uk/product-category/spiderlings/

KingBaboon83

Wow not sure the euro to American money transfer but the slings etc... are a whole lot cheaper on your link than with most sites in the u.s. Jealous

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow not sure the euro to American money transfer but the slings etc... are a whole lot cheaper on your link than with most sites in the u.s. Jealous
So after checking out the site more it has a feature to change currency. Which now confirms it is cheaper and has a huge selection. Very cool

Try the prices on this site. It's where I buy most of my Ts.
Hopefully it should come up with UD $ http://spidershop.pl/product-category/arachnids/slings/?orderby=price&lang=en

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I love the Op. Mine shows herself quite a lot at the mouth of her burrow. I'm looking forward to pics of yours when it comes. Trying to learn more about the color variability.

This whole freebie thing in this hobby is fantastic. I don't know how that got started, but I sure like it! I do that with some of my tortoise buyers, but I've not seen any other reptile breeder do it. Can't wait to see what you get Enn.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well the laugh is on me, getting all exited about freebie Ts and all I got was this lot
DSCF7013.JPG

:D:D:D:D:D

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Well that is not what I had in mind at all… What does a person say to that? "Ummmm… thank you???"

And sending forceps and eye droppers to a customer with more than 100 tarantulas? They don't think you've got that covered? That would be like sending me a free infant child car seat. My daughter is 11…

Well let's see the O. philippinus!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well that is not what I had in mind at all… What does a person say to that? "Ummmm… thank you???"

And sending forceps and eye droppers to a customer with more than 100 tarantulas? They don't think you've got that covered? That would be like sending me a free infant child car seat. My daughter is 11…

Well let's see the O. philippinus!

Yes, it made me chuckle although to be honest I've not bought much from them over the last couple of years because their service was pretty bad for a while. Probably won't be dealing with them again.

L parahybana or curly hairs make great freebies.

My first curly was a freebie, I fell in love with it and ended up with 3. 2 were males and have since died but the other is still with me and I also have a Nicaraguan now too,

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Last week I ordered a new sling, an Orphnaecus philippinus, as my 1st one died during a bad moult. This morning I received an email from the shop explaining the last one they had has a leg missing would I be ok with it and that they would send some freebies. Package will be here tomorrow.

My question is what freebies do you all think they will send me? If you want to see what they have available you'll find them here https://www.tarantulasbristol.co.uk/product-category/spiderlings/
If youre lucky, an albiceps or a moderatum :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Mass, wouldn`t get a moderatum as a freebie in UK, very rarely these T`s become available it took me over a year to get one and they are pretty pricey to, around £80/90 for a 0.5cm sling.
Yikes! And all I have to do is get off my ass and ride two counties over to find a wild female..which I will, eventually. Take comfort in this fact LC, I see spiders for sale commonly over on your side that we very rarely, or never, see for sale over here. Oh, and you might like this, I saw an adult coral snake a few minutes ago. He went under a bush before I could get my phone out. Two days ago I almost rode over the biggest rattlesnake Ive ever seen. He had so many buttons on his rattle it was bent double, lol. Neither were in my yard so I left them alone. You'd be in heaven here :D

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yikes! And all I have to do is get off my ass and ride two counties over to find a wild female..which I will, eventually. Take comfort in this fact LC, I see spiders for sale commonly over on your side that we very rarely, or never, see for sale over here. Oh, and you might like this, I saw an adult coral snake a few minutes ago. He went under a bush before I could get my phone out. Two days ago I almost rode over the biggest rattlesnake Ive ever seen. He had so many buttons on his rattle it was bent double, lol. Neither were in my yard so I left them alone. You'd be in heaven here :D
Would that be the Texas Coral (Micrurus tener), they have a slightly different colour pattern to those found in the Florida area.
Any idea on the sp of Rattler, was it a WDB, I am hoping to be getting a Prairie Rattler around October time.

Oh and by the way if you should catch any of these snakes for me Mass.
My address is :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I really envy you being able to see Ts and snakes in the wild

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Would that be the Texas Coral (Micrurus tener), they have a slightly different colour pattern to those found in the Florida area.
Any idea on the sp of Rattler, was it a WDB, I am hoping to be getting a Prairie Rattler around October time.

Oh and by the way if you should catch any of these snakes for me Mass.
My address is :D
Lol, I aint messin with hot snakes! I think it was a western, the eastern db are rare around these parts, iirc. The texas coral was actually the only one ive ever seen in person. We've also got copperheads, which are beautiful(and responsible for the last two bites that came into the ER at work) and water moccasins that are too aggresive for their own good..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The trade off is triple digit heat, and flat fenced off property everywhere. I dont think theres a hill within a 50 miles..kinda sucks after growing up in Alaska.

You're right, I couldn't do with the heat or such flat land. How do you cope after the cold and stunning scenery of Alaska?