• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's here!!! (and so tiny)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I finally got my GBB sling today and although it's half the size it was described as when I ordered it (only about 1.5cm) it's sooo pretty. It's already started webbing.
IMG_4733_zps1701b37b.jpg

IMG_4734_zpsbdde5630.jpg

IMG_4736_zpsf1238e22.jpg

IMG_4737_zps5c42c38d.jpg

IMG_4738_zps3298e0e6.jpg

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That is just awesome, we have a female and a sling I'm hoping will be male. They are hardy,and ferocious eaters. Their substrate can be dry(they are a desert type tarantula),maybe add a tiny water bottle cap with pebbles so it has a water source but can't drown due to the pebbles.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That is just awesome, we have a female and a sling I'm hoping will be male. They are hardy,and ferocious eaters. Their substrate can be dry(they are a desert type tarantula),maybe add a tiny water bottle cap with pebbles so it has a water source but can't drown due to the pebbles.
Thanks. I'm afraid, a bottle cap is too big even with pebbles in it it's that tiny, lol. I'll have a look anyway if I can find a tiny one. In the caresheet it says to lightly mist once a week, but only for spiderlings (too much moisture is harmful to adults, isn't it?) other than that they'll get enough moisture through food. I'm not looking forward to having to cut up mini mealworms again, but I hate pinhead crickets and fruitflies as they're too hard to catch.

Anthony York

3 Year Member
I have a 1in. water dish for mine but I use a syringe to put about 3 drops of water in it and that seems to work well no pebble need and no risk of it drowning

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I went through my husbands baking cupboard and found a tiny bottle lid of an out of date icing glue, which I boil washed. It's only about 1cm across but I still put small pebbles in it. It took to its little bottle lid cave and is being left alone to settle in.
I think my B. Boehmei sling is going into molt soon, as I saw it carrying dirt around last night. It always seems to do this when I get a new spider, lol.

hellknite

3 Year Member
Sometimes we get surprised about the T sizes as it differs from the description and the actual size.. but bottom line is, no matter what the size is, we still get happy everytime a new T arrives.. :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's eaten! I offered it half a mini meal worm last night, which it completely ignored, so today I took the smallest cricket I had (from my other sling's feeder tub), disabled it a little bit so it couldn't jump around too much and sat it in the web. The little one pounced it like a pro and has nearly finished it already, bearing in mind the cricket was only a little smaller than the sling.
It seems to prefer live to dead and is able to handle it, too, so I'm really happy.