• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is there a thing as too much…environment wise?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Also, you live in the Midwest, you should consider keeping a colony of red runners, B lateralis. Same husbandry as dubia without hard exoskeletons and no head crushing.

Sbirtell1

Also, you live in the Midwest, you should consider keeping a colony of red runners, B lateralis. Same husbandry as dubia without hard exoskeletons and no head crushing.
Where would I even buy them at? I reached out to the place locally that has Dubia roaches to see if they have any other feeder roaches and never heard back. I’ll actually call them tomorrow instead of emailing them. Josh’s Frogs ships but I remember seeing orange heads besides Dubia roaches on their website.

shaun

3 Year Member
Yeah, the heat/temperature affects the T's activity level. Some Ts fast during colder temps while I believe breeders adjust temps to get the female and male ready for the process.

I believe the G. pulchra comes from the semi arid grasslands area of Brazil not the rainforests that so many equate with Brazil. So for at least part of the year it can get quite dry.
I have the central heating on in the room with the T's in, so they stay around 75° ( i don't usually heat the rest of my house)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Where would I even buy them at? I reached out to the place locally that has Dubia roaches to see if they have any other feeder roaches and never heard back. I’ll actually call them tomorrow instead of emailing them. Josh’s Frogs ships but I remember seeing orange heads besides Dubia roaches on their website.
Google red runners. You can buy them off eBay, and keep them as pets (pets that you will feed to your other pets)

ta122

There's also a website called roachcrossing.com. The guy who runs it is an entomologist, and he has all kinds of roaches and I believe other offerings, as well. I like to order feeders from eBay too, though.

Latest posts