• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is P bara considered banned for interstate sales?

Logan D

3 Year Member
like they put a ban in place that will nothing but affect the population of these species because they just stopped breeding projects in their tracks

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Their actions do great harm to the healthy, not endangered, captive bred population right here at home.

Truthfully, once you get 500 or maybe 1000 into the hobby, you don't need anymore imports anymore. You do need to be able to ship them around however.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Their actions do great harm to the healthy, not endangered, captive bred population right here at home.

Truthfully, once you get 500 or maybe 1000 into the hobby, you don't need anymore imports anymore. You do need to be able to ship them around however.
Tarantulas have always been illegal to ship....

Logan D

3 Year Member
Tarantulas have always been illegal to ship....
these bans if you were to get caught it would be on the federal level and they have only been illegal to ship threw usps fedex doesn't care and I haven't seen anything in their policies against it

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
these bans if you were to get caught it would be on the federal level and they have only been illegal to ship threw usps fedex doesn't care and I haven't seen anything in their policies against it
I've had shipments seized from both for shipping venomous animals. It's written in both of their shipping policies for shipping animals. Walk in and tell them you want to ship a tarantula and see what they say...

Logan D

3 Year Member
I know both of those companies don't allow ts but this is my take on it the invert reptile business is huge now those companies im sure know that people ship things through them that their not supposed to they love the extra revenue the issue comes from when people ship spiders such as brown recluses and black windows things like that ect these companies have policies that they do not enforce most of the time but they are there so they don't get sued by their employees ect so yeah you might of had a package or two seized that was honestly bad luck I would imagine it happened when they were looking for narcotics your box got x-rayed they found it suspicious and they ran into your ts which most likely had the species wrote on it they saw it was venomous and seized your package now I don't want you to think im trying to be a know it all but that's just my guess of what happened im sure packages are of ts are rarely seized
I cant find anything in the fedex policy but I did find it in the usps and ups

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think by venomous they mean lethal to humans, of which applies to no known tarantula on Earth.

Heck more people have died from peanut allergies then tarantula bites & you can ship peanuts.

I would write caution, live tarantula bites, but on the inside cover where you can only see it after opening but before unboxing. I'm sure they wouldn't want to go any further and would tape it up.

Depending on the police department, some may let you go faster or accept that there is a fragile live animal which needs to be placed in it's habitat which to avoid harm.

When I had my marine fishtank and was pulled over at age 17, I got out of a ticket this way, but I may have exaggerated the cost of and the delicacy of that particular fish.

Latest posts