• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is A. geniculata considered a burrowing sp.?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I just read a resource online that says they are a burrowing species, and my sling has dug himself a burrow, but are they burrowers to the same extent as H. lividum, for example? Another source says they do not hide. Your input? Thank you. :)

Atx13

3 Year Member
I have 3 A.genics(and have had a few others in the past) none of which burrowed, not even as slings.. I currently have a 2", 1.5" and a 1/2" and none are in hiding.. But every T is different.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A Genics will burrow when young. But the bigger they get the braver they get. most of my larger ones don't burrow at all , but I do have a 6"er that I haven't seen in months.

Atx13

3 Year Member
A Genics will burrow when young. But the bigger they get the braver they get. most of my larger ones don't burrow at all , but I do have a 6"er that I haven't seen in months.
not to go off topic here.. but the A.genic. i got from you, Kenny... is a monster now. lol, and looks to be female :p.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
If they're fed almost as much as they'll eat, about how much will they grow in, say, a year?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If they're fed almost as much as they'll eat, about how much will they grow in, say, a year?

Too many Variables to give you an accurate answer but.. My.25" ers kept at 80* with 60% humidity hit about 3.5-4" in a year.

Latest posts