• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm having some pretty bad luck..

Atx13

3 Year Member
Turns out it was the damn feeders.. the lps I got the small crickets from had several complaints about dead reptiles and whatnot..

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh no! That is just another reason I want to get my feeder colony up and running ASAP!

I really hate to hear this. Will the lps do anything?

Atx13

3 Year Member
Refunded the price of the crickets... woohoo.. i told 'em to keep it, they need it more than i do.
I'm re buying a G. pulchripes for my girlfriend, since it was her T... Debating on another B. albo.. Holding off on another obt tho...
Hoping to get some dubia to try out, and see if my Ts take to them, before i start a colony.. Need to start breeding my own feeders, to avoid this problem in the future.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What an insult, that's really bad. Hope you get your new ones soon. Good luck with the roaches.

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
Refunded the price of the crickets... woohoo.. i told 'em to keep it, they need it more than i do.
I'm re buying a G. pulchripes for my girlfriend, since it was her T... Debating on another B. albo.. Holding off on another obt tho...
Hoping to get some dubia to try out, and see if my Ts take to them, before i start a colony.. Need to start breeding my own feeders, to avoid this problem in the future.
sorry to hear that, it's a shame they didn't offer to comp you for your looses with at least store credit.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

That's ridiculous!! I bet those who lost expensive reptiles would not be happy with this either. I would be LOUD and annoying until they gave me better compensation than that. I would also threaten media coverage (as well as social networking...it is amazing how fast bad press spreads through those types of media) and or a BBB complaint. If you need me to crosspost anything about this atrocity on FB etc, please let me know...I would also not mind making a phone call there to complain on your behalf as well. They should not be allowed to get away with such a lack of irresponsibility!

Glad that you will be replacing your T's, I'm sure you and your GF will find some beauties! Why are you holding off on the OBT?

Atx13

3 Year Member
Sadly, if you don't raise your own feeders, its a risk you take.. and since proving that was the problem is difficult, its more of a headache than its worth. Had if of been something expensive, or hard to replace... I probably would have been an ass about it..
I've told my local reptile and invert hobbyist about the issue, most of them already don't use that source for anything, and breed their own feeders to begin with.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sadly, if you don't raise your own feeders, its a risk you take.. and since proving that was the problem is difficult, its more of a headache than its worth. Had if of been something expensive, or hard to replace... I probably would have been an ass about it..
I've told my local reptile and invert hobbyist about the issue, most of them already don't use that source for anything, and breed their own feeders to begin with.
Such a shame after all you went through.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So sorry it went the way it did Atx :( I hope you find some nice, healthy T's to care for! It definitely makes me think twice about using pet store feeders...but until I get more t's I can't justify raising crickets for them, though I will definitely look into it as my collection grows (and we all know it will.).

Latest posts