• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'd like to know more about snakes

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
beautiful snake you have there-I have a young pueblan milk snake,
its an absolute nightmare-all it does is bite! it musks and poos everywhere whenever you handle it and its lightning fast!
I know this is due to lack of handling I'm sure fro previous owner-it doesn't put me off in anyway-
my corns and royal are well chilled out in comparison to the milk snake-fingers crossed in time it will settle :)
Good looking Snake, but not mine. Just a Photo to show @PanzoN88 the Apricot colouration.
I used to have Corns & Milks when I was a Kid (Very longtime ago). I keep mostly Venomous Snakes now.:D

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good looking Snake, but not mine. Just a Photo to show @PanzoN88 the Apricot colouration.
I used to have Corns & Milks when I was a Kid (Very longtime ago). I keep mostly Venomous Snakes now.:D
your quite welcome to deal with the dangerous stuff-not for me!:( I have a great respect for not only snakes but people like yourself who are brave enough to deal with them;) a milk snake bite is nothing more than a little scratch -don't fancy getting bitten by what you have!

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
your quite welcome to deal with the dangerous stuff-not for me!:( I have a great respect for not only snakes but people like yourself who are brave enough to deal with them;) a milk snake bite is nothing more than a little scratch -don't fancy getting bitten by what you have!
It`s one of those routes in the Herp Hobby you choose to go down. After years of keeping non venomous species I felt I had to take it further to complete the circle of keeping Reptiles . Just one more segment for me to undertake and that`s to breed Cape Coral Cobras at the end of the year. Then I have come pretty much full circle, apart from keeping Alligators or Croc`s which sadly I don`t have the room for at home otherwise I would have gone down that route as well.:)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Are you sure you haven't got room in your bath for a just a little croc?:D no seriously i understand where you are coming from with keeping a variety of just about everything in the reptile world-you only learn about a species by keeping it-if you are confident and knowledgeable(which of course you are!) theres no reason not to,good luck with breeding the cape coral cobras it certainly sounds interesting:) what annoys me is when you see people that have bought snakes they cannot cope with and are selling them on with stupid adverts such as a 18 foot long rectic python with a picture of a child sitting with it on their lap! and they mention that the snake has become viv defencive etc-madness! but that's a whole different story!
good luck with your breeding and continue to enjoy your slithering friends;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Are you sure you haven't got room in your bath for a just a little croc?:D no seriously i understand where you are coming from with keeping a variety of just about everything in the reptile world-you only learn about a species by keeping it-if you are confident and knowledgeable(which of course you are!) theres no reason not to,good luck with breeding the cape coral cobras it certainly sounds interesting:) what annoys me is when you see people that have bought snakes they cannot cope with and are selling them on with stupid adverts such as a 18 foot long rectic python with a picture of a child sitting with it on their lap! and they mention that the snake has become viv defencive etc-madness! but that's a whole different story!

The ones that annoy me most are the people who buy a big snake to show off to their mates when they're drunk and wonder why they get bitten.

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank You.:)
Sorry, feeding day today for Snakes been busy.
No longer have a bath , just a wet room now :D. I know what you mean about people buying snakes they cannot cope with. One of my Boas Kayla was a rescue , she was dumped outside my friends Shop this time last year. She is over 7ft with a 9/10 inch girth, so I took her on. Very gentle Giant.
I have another Hot snake due for delivery this Wednesday:D.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol! snakes can sure take time to feed (when they want to!) plus you've got the double edge of feeding and worrying about being struck and poisoned at the same time!:D
Kayla was lucky she ended up with you-you are just the right home for her by the sound of it-boas are beautiful-I love there faces :) maybe in time I would be confident enough to own one,im hoping on getting a sand boa as that's what takes my fancy atm-was offered a Dodoma x sandboa but ive been told they suffer with problems so its put me off a bit ;-(
hope you are pleased with your hot snake delivery on Wednesday!:p

Last edited:

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol! snakes can sure take time to feed (when they want to!) plus you've got the double edge of feeding and worrying about being struck and poisoned at the same time!:D
Kayla was lucky she ended up with you-you are just the right home for her by the sound of it-boas are beautiful-I love there faces :) maybe in time I would be confident enough to own one,im hoping on getting a sand boa as that's what takes my fancy atm-was offered a Dodoma x sandboa but ive been told they suffer with problems so its put me off a bit ;-(
hope you are pleased with your hot snake delivery on Wednesday!:p
She`s a big Girl , outgrown this viv already I am having a 10ft by 3ft viv made for her at the end of the month.

Attachments

• 20190114_091556.jpg
    20190114_091556.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20190114_091608.jpg
    20190114_091608.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • Kayla.jpg
    Kayla.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She`s a big Girl , outgrown this viv already I am having a 10ft by 3ft viv made for her at the end of the month.
Shes Beautiful!;) I think at this rate with snakes having 10 foot vivs in your house you'll be lucky if theres any room left for you!:D
she certainly a lucky snake -it was meant to be!

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Shes Beautiful!;) I think at this rate with snakes having 10 foot vivs in your house you'll be lucky if theres any room left for you!:D
she certainly a lucky snake -it was meant to be!
House, lol:). 1 Bed flat more like. Her new viv will be going in the bedroom and so will her old one with 2 7ft Coastal Carpet Pythons moving into it:D.
As the DWA inspector said when they came round the only thing missing in my home was a till:D . It`s pretty much wall to wall vivs .

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
House, lol:). 1 Bed flat more like. Her new viv will be going in the bedroom and so will her old one with 2 7ft Coastal Carpet Pythons moving into it:D.
As the DWA inspector said when they came round the only thing missing in my home was a till:D . It`s pretty much wall to wall vivs .
LOL:D i too live in a flat-i just think if either lived in a house it is just more space to fill with more snakes and spiders!;)
sounds like your flat is pretty cool with wall to wall vivs lol-who needs boring décor anyway!:D
with that many vivs its always easy to find something to fill it!

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
LOL:D i too live in a flat-i just think if either lived in a house it is just more space to fill with more snakes and spiders!;)
sounds like your flat is pretty cool with wall to wall vivs lol-who needs boring décor anyway!:D
with that many vivs its always easy to find something to fill it!
I share my home with around 80 T`s and 13 Snakes :):D oh and lot`s of False Widows living all around, :D

Latest posts