• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need your help and input!

Opaul8

Haha, oh no its a genuine link to some research I have been doing lol. I'm not trolling or spamming or anything.. just highlighting some fascinating discoveries I have made!

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Haha, oh no its a genuine link to some research I have been doing lol. I'm not trolling or spamming or anything.. just highlighting some fascinating discoveries I have made!
Hi
It seems that for those of us not using the app you are a little suspicious as all that comes up is a download app location.
Why not just copy the contents of your research and paste the in a post.
Regards Konstantin

Opaul8

Hi
It seems that for those of us not using the app you are a little suspicious as all that comes up is a download app location.
Why not just copy the contents of your research and paste the in a post.
Regards Konstantin
Ah sure, yea I yave done on arachnoboards but they take it down as I have used some other peoples photos. I will post a few, but there is about 100 pages in total..

Opaul8

Ah I cannot seem to do this, I promise you its nothing spam. I have a picture on arachnoboards species I.d called "Goliath baboon" then you can see I have this species and have posted real research.. cheers

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I saw your post on here originally and have also seen the discussion on Facebook that you started about it. However I think this last post sums up your intentions. Just a plug for your YouTube I guess

Opaul8

Ah thats a fair enough comment and so it may seem as such. Just the spiders I have are H. Hercules absolutely no question about it.. a distant cousin maybe, but all its lineage is from the holotypes line no question. I know there is the d.n.a stuff and I will get a moult to a taxonomist once I have one. I did the research as I know whitey exotics had a Hercules, but it wasn't confirmed as such and mine were the same so me being me had to do my own research and why not! And what a b*** ache lol I think if his specimen was compared to the holotype and new revisions, this would be why and my research shows this. If it was through a d.n.a test then I can't explain this other than it was from completely different habitat. All in all these spiders have on top of all measurement matches to its description two very unique visual features present on them also that was described and highlighted by Po****, now no longer seen on the holotype. I just wanted to give my spiders "a fair crack of the whip" at the taxonomists and highlight things that may even not be known to them about this species! I guess I will wait to see what happens, just sometimes you have to go with your instincts on these things, do your own research and make some incredible discoveries!

Opaul8

Ah thats a fair enough comment and so it may seem as such. Just the spiders I have are H. Hercules absolutely no question about it.. a distant cousin maybe, but all its lineage is from the holotypes line no question. I know there is the d.n.a stuff and I will get a moult to a taxonomist once I have one. I did the research as I know whitey exotics had a Hercules, but it wasn't confirmed as such and mine were the same so me being me had to do my own research and why not! And what a b*** ache lol I think if his specimen was compared to the holotype and new revisions, this would be why and my research shows this. If it was through a d.n.a test then I can't explain this other than it was from completely different habitat. All in all these spiders have on top of all measurement matches to its description two very unique visual features present on them also that was described and highlighted by Po****, now no longer seen on the holotype. I just wanted to give my spiders "a fair crack of the whip" at the taxonomists and highlight things that may even not be known to them about this species! I guess I will wait to see what happens, just sometimes you have to go with your instincts on these things, do your own research and make some incredible discoveries!
Sorry. I don't buy your malarkey. True research would appear in a peer reviewed journal--not on a plugged website. I see why arachnoboards took your "research" down.
Yea, I have sent all this to two taxonomists. I doubt it will be published, but I'm just highlighting some fascinating discoveries that po**** wanted us to find. So take it up with him! Lol Well its all there my friend.. you can see how short its back legs are without even measuring if leg 4 execeeds 1 by half its tarsus, patella and tibia of fourth shorter than 1st and everything else. You have to study this and you will buy the "malarckey"..

Opaul8

Sorry. I don't buy your malarkey. True research would appear in a peer reviewed journal--not on a plugged website. I see why arachnoboards took your "research" down.
Yea, I have sent all this to two taxonomists. I doubt it will be published, but I'm just highlighting some fascinating discoveries that po**** wanted us to find. So take it up with him! Lol Well its all there my friend.. you can see how short its back legs are without even measuring if leg 4 execeeds 1 by half its tarsus, patella and tibia of fourth shorter than 1st and everything else. You have to study this and you will buy the "malarckey"

Opaul8

I think what's most frustrating is that everything does have to come from a trusted source for it to be "real" and accepted. I have had to slog it out with the little research materials I have available to me spending countless hours on top of my difficult and stressful job trying my best to piece everything together. All I seem to get is doubts and fears and made to feel like I have broke some laws or something!? Its sad as no one probably has even bothered looking at the research. I spend two years and no one gives up 2 hours (Bar one lucky buyer). And no positive comments or discussions of it just people thinking I'm crazy LOL. But you can't start a fire without a spark eh?

I guess that's it though, people don't always want to look and see for themselves, It has to be from Mr 10k subscribers or the establishment. In life I have learnt the real treasures aren't always given to us on a plate or turn up how we think they should. I have prity much proved the defining characteristics of this species that are so unique and been described so well by Po**** and me understanding how he compared Hysterocrates Scepticus and Hercules side by side and him writing its individual features using descriptive words and uncovering "this code" that I'm sure you can see in the research that I have laid out nicely for you to see. I think sometimes you just have trust in your discoveries and that's what I am doing and I hope tobshow people these findings, to those with a positive interest in the subject.

Opaul8

I think what's most frustrating is that everything does have to come from a trusted source for it to be "real" and accepted. I have had to slog it out with the little research materials I have available to me spending countless hours on top of my difficult and stressful job trying my best to piece everything together. All I seem to get is doubts and fears and made to feel like I have broke some laws or something!? Its sad as no one probably has even bothered looking at the research. I spend two years and no one gives up 2 hours (Bar one lucky buyer). And no positive comments or discussions of it just people thinking I'm crazy LOL. But you can't start a fire without a spark eh?

I guess that's it though, people don't always want to look and see for themselves, It has to be from Mr 10k subscribers or the establishment. In life I have learnt the real treasures aren't always given to us on a plate or turn up how we think they should. I have prity much proved the defining characteristics of this species that are so unique and been described so well by Po**** and me understanding how he compared Hysterocrates Scepticus and Hercules side by side and him writing its individual features using descriptive words and uncovering "this code" that I'm sure you can see in the research that I have laid out nicely for you to see. I think sometimes you just have trust in your discoveries and that's what I am doing and I hope tobshow people these findings, to those with a positive interest in the subject.
I guess 30 years ago this old skool taxonomy would have convinced anyone! Just now everyone looks to dna analysis for the confirmation. I have no idea how it works, but maybe comparing to just one specimen will show differences in its dna. Rather than 4/5 different specimens from different areas would give more a "general" or "mean" baseline data comparison. I guess now the d.na analysis will be viewed in a different way with more light shed on its likeliness to the holotype, we should now have the mindset to look for things that match rather than look at the differences and simply say "it's not it" I guess everyone wants to be the first to discover H. Hercules, but it will be a team effort needed. I guess also though it may "just have to do" as these things are as good as alien to the hobby and maybe looking too far into its dna for answers may just cloud our judgements and put doubt on the answers and proof we have already found on this species.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

no one is doubting the time you’ve put into your research or whatever but look at it from an outsiders perspective. The timeline of events from what I’ve seen are hilarious. You posted on here about your “findings” then after very little response you turned to Facebook where you got a lot of doubt about the species you have. Then you care back on here to talk more waffle about it and now your playing for sympathy as no one is buying into your nonsense so you throw out the “I have a very busy job and it’s stressful and I’ve done 2 years of research on top of it”. By saying aswell 1 lucky buyer I hope you feel ashamed of yourself. For anyone who is reading this and doesn’t know you wanted £1000 for basically a H Gigas. If you were truly interested in doing proper research then selling the spiders would have been the last thing on your mind. The least amount of effort would have been to take them to a taxonomists to have the species verified.
At the end of the day all your interested in is making money and that’s what’s wrong with a lot of people in the hobby now.

Btw I looked at your YouTube channel out of curiosity and your latest video explains nothing? It’s just 2 drawings done by one of your kids I’m assuming and your saying that based on that you estimate the Hercules to get to 16” dls? I think your so wrapped up in your own bs your actually starting to believe it.

Opaul8

no one is doubting the time you’ve put into your research or whatever but look at it from an outsiders perspective. The timeline of events from what I’ve seen are hilarious. You posted on here about your “findings” then after very little response you turned to Facebook where you got a lot of doubt about the species you have. Then you care back on here to talk more waffle about it and now your playing for sympathy as no one is buying into your nonsense so you throw out the “I have a very busy job and it’s stressful and I’ve done 2 years of research on top of it”. By saying aswell 1 lucky buyer I hope you feel ashamed of yourself. For anyone who is reading this and doesn’t know you wanted £1000 for basically a H Gigas. If you were truly interested in doing proper research then selling the spiders would have been the last thing on your mind. The least amount of effort would have been to take them to a taxonomists to have the species verified.
At the end of the day all your interested in is making money and that’s what’s wrong with a lot of people in the hobby now.

Btw I looked at your YouTube channel out of curiosity and your latest video explains nothing? It’s just 2 drawings done by one of your kids I’m assuming and your saying that based on that you estimate the Hercules to get to 16” dls? I think your so wrapped up in your own bs your actually starting to believe it.

Latest posts