• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How old is my 3" T. Albo?

Arlo

I have just realized I'm not really sure how old my Tliltocatl Albopilosus is. I got her in September as a 2.5" - 3" juvenile (or maybe sub-adult?), and now after one molt she is around 3.5". Is there a way to tell how old she is? I'm sure their growth rate depends on many different factors, but I'm looking for an educated guess.

Also, I was told this species lives 20-25 years. Has anybody here ever had a T. Albo older than that?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just realized I'm not really sure how old my Tliltocatl Albopilosus is. I got her in September as a 2.5" - 3" juvenile (or maybe sub-adult?), and now after one molt she is around 3.5". Is there a way to tell how old she is? I'm sure their growth rate depends on many different factors, but I'm looking for an educated guess.

Also, I was told this species lives 20-25 years. Has anybody here ever had a T. Albo older than that?
Hi,

I am sure there has to be a few incidences of T. albopilosus leaving a bit older than 25 but anywhere from 15-25 is a fair range. This said, please consider that the range only applies to females. The males unfortunately have a much shorter life span, especially after maturing. Please do share a picture of your T and let us know if you are aware of it sex.

Arlo

Hi,

I am sure there has to be a few incidences of T. albopilosus leaving a bit older than 25 but anywhere from 15-25 is a fair range. This said, please consider that the range only applies to females. The males unfortunately have a much shorter life span, especially after maturing. Please do share a picture of your T and let us know if you are aware of it sex.
She is a female :)

Attachments

• 20210919_171444.jpg
    20210919_171444.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 22

Arlo

Yup, I'm gonna wait until her next molt because she put so much effort into her tunnel
Actually, I thought I posted a photo of her in her new enclosure, but the one in the picture is old. Now she lives here:

Attachments

• received_586695795916922.jpeg
    received_586695795916922.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts