• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Housing for slings to adults

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Hello. What would you house a Ancanthoscurria geniculata sling in? Then as an adult what size enclosure?

Would housing for a Grammostola pulchripes be the same? Thank you.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello. What would you house a Ancanthoscurria geniculata sling in? Then as an adult what size enclosure?

Would housing for a Grammostola pulchripes be the same? Thank you.
Hello
I use the normal terrestrial setups,for G.pulchripes A.geniculata A.chacoana nhandu carapoensis and others. I use dry substrate with a hide,I add a water dish. Size of the enclosure doesn't seem to bother them,I have a young G.pulchripes in a large enclosure hasn't suffered from adapting at all. The normal rule is the floor space needs to be 4 times the at stretched out,I'm using an enclosure at least three times that.

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
Thank you! There are so many varying opinions that I'm trying to see what others do.

Do A. geniculata need more humidity than G. Pulchripes?

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you! There are so many varying opinions that I'm trying to see what others do.

Do A. geniculata need more humidity than G. Pulchripes?
I keep both the same,dry sub strate and only the water dish. I don't think that the humidity will be high like that,but others way might differ but I have not had one bad molt etc.

hellknite

3 Year Member
I currently have 2 geniculatas and 3 pulchripes. I keep all of them on the same dry substrate but same as Martin I don't let the water dish run dry. For the geniculatas I use a wider dish though since I notice that they tend to stay near the water dishes than my pulchripes'.

As for the size of the enclosure, it is highly debatable. As for me, I tend to go for bigger terrestrial enclosures even for the juvenile stage to lessen the number of times for rehousing. Some T's get stressed during rehousing and I wanted to lessen the number of times my T's would get stressed.

Last edited:

Latest posts