• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Scotland

snakeman79

Hello tarantula keepers
I’m Matthew from Aberdeen in Scotland and planning to keep tarantulas and maybe breed them, only thing is it be in a insulated and electric supplied Shed in garden hope that is fine? I used to keep a Mexican red knee but looking to keep more species docile ones and maybe the crazy badass ones too.

Thanks I attach old photo of me with my spider

Attachments

• D83FCCA5-DBC1-4625-9991-16A2F54881A7.jpeg
    D83FCCA5-DBC1-4625-9991-16A2F54881A7.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 8BFFF147-34D0-47DD-8348-BC1CB5AF7F21.jpeg
    8BFFF147-34D0-47DD-8348-BC1CB5AF7F21.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 14

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Matthew welcome to the forum.

A well insulated shed should be fine. You could also use a larger enclosure to keep your enclosures in. Giving yourself a smaller area to heat. A local pet shop uses a large vivarium with a locking door. Giving them both some protection against theft & a smaller area to keep warm.

snakeman79

Hi Matthew welcome to the forum.

A well insulated shed should be fine. You could also use a larger enclosure to keep your enclosures in. Giving yourself a smaller area to heat. A local pet shop uses a large vivarium with a locking door. Giving them both some protection against theft & a smaller area to keep warm.
That’s a good idea a few vivs to keep the tanks in them and protection

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome. :)
I'm guessing from your username that you also have snakes.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

My corn snake is 5 years old. I'm still astounded at how fast it grew!

I'm not ready to attempt breeding yet. Good luck to you though! Any thoughts as to what you want to start with?

snakeman79

Greetings and welcome aboard!

My corn snake is 5 years old. I'm still astounded at how fast it grew!

I'm not ready to attempt breeding yet. Good luck to you though! Any thoughts as to what you want to start with?
Yeah like to start with the docile ones like red knee, curly hair etc once I build up experience will keep the bad ass ones lol

DuneElliot

Down in West Sussex England here. Invert Shows has an expo in Glasgow each year but already gone this year. The Spider Shop online has been a great place to buy from for me...think they are Wales based. Another good one is SoManyLegs

Latest posts