• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ajbeardow

Thought I'd take a moment to say "hi" as a new member and new tarantula keeper.

I've just started with two Acanthoscurria Geniculata slings from veteran member @Phil (thanks again mate).

Super excited to be starting out in the hobby and being a part of the community.

Thought I'd leave this on a question - do you name your Tarantulas? What's the best name you've heard? I'm a fan of Quentin Tarantulatino.

20200509_153615.jpg20200509_153256.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

I've just started with two Acanthoscurria Geniculata slings from veteran member @Phil (thanks again mate).

Super excited to be starting out in the hobby and being a part of the community.

Thought I'd leave this on a question - do you name your Tarantulas? What's the best name you've heard? I'm a fan of Quentin Tarantulatino.

View attachment 45819View attachment 45820
not so much of the 'veteran' PMSL....
Glad you have joined. Great community here.
Look after those genics, you know they are my fave. ha ha

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

[/QUOTE

a number of members try to use names that are play on the scientific names (hence 'genie' my geniculata, 'Gene' the male equivalent, 'teeny genie' for the babies.)
@Enn49 is great at names as she researches the regions of the species and comes up with some really good ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajbeardow

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Welcome! :T:

If you're a Tarantino fan you have to name them Jules and Vincent
View attachment 45823
Bloody good idea and great choice.

not so much of the 'veteran' PMSL....
Glad you have joined. Great community here.
Look after those genics, you know they are my fave. ha ha
Haha! 'Veteran' in knowledge and forum contribution of course!

Konstantin

3 Year Member

Welcome.Its good to see another Lancashire T keeper.
Regards Konstantin