• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hi all

critterkeeper

3 Year Member
I am new and looking to get my first T its bettween a red rump,red knee and a sunburst. i want to find something that is nice to look at. and will get me in t.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome! All great choices. Brachypelma (red-knee, and Red Rumps) are great Ts. can't go wrong with either.If by Sunburst you're referring to P.Murinus (OBT) then you won't see it much, but you will see some amazing webs.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Brachypelmas are great and easy, but also consider G. pulchiripes. I love my little Chaco Golden Knee. <3

critterkeeper

3 Year Member
from what i have been reading online i am thinking about getting the red rump cause its supposedly the one that will be out the most. and was woundering what experienced T owners had to say. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine is out quite a bit, but she does like her hide. My rose hair though, G. rosea, is out most of the time.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My G. pulchiripes is still a baby, so I can't give good info on adult behavior, but she is one of my favs.

Atx13

3 Year Member
B. vagans(Mexican red rumps), Tend to hide and burrow.. most are pretty skittish as well. B. smithi would probably be the best choice, for a first tarantula.
I'd consider Dalilahblues suggestion as well, G. pulchripes are awesome. Should look 'em up. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pulchripes are an awesome choice.
ChacoGoldenKnee002.jpg

Tguy

3 Year Member
i can't agree more with kenny ....my girl is out 95 % of the time she just molted new years eve you can't go wrong with them:)

Attachments

• IMG_1528.JPG
    IMG_1528.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 15

Tguy

3 Year Member
before molt she was 5.75....now over 6 it's her first aftermolt meal saturday so i'll get an accurate measurement then and update here she's a good size now so i wanted to give her plenty to recoupe her ...can't wait to get her plumped up :)

Latest posts