• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help. (premolt or sick??)

Ranger94

Have a pink toe she my first tarantula she is sliding down the glass last weekend she flipped over on her back and kicking her legs but did not molt is she sick or in premolt she is a year old and only molted once

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sliding down the glass is a sign of premoult. When you say she flipped over but didn't moult is she still on her back or did she right herself? If she righted herself it may be that she fell off the glass,

Ranger94

She stayed on her back for a few mins and righted herself but she was on the ground when she fixed on her back she has been staying on the ground for a week or so during the day and clmibs at night but she always stays around the top and she has started to web alot

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The webbing will probably be her making a hammock to moult in, they prefer to moult up in the trees rather than on the ground. I don't think you're going to have too much longer to wait for that moult.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It certainly sounds like premoult to me. Most arboreal Ts slide on glass when a moult is near although they can still climb on wood etc.
Most pet stores know nothing about Ts so if you have any concerns ask on here.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can you post a picture of your enclosure? Alot of problems with pinktoes is related to their environment. Just want to make sure everything is truly ok for you.

Ranger94

Just posted a pic let me know if it's on there please

1556475709728473568009544891209.jpg

Ranger94

I will definitely put the plants there when I get home and show u a pic of her if she is out thanks so much and I am wanting to get another t maybe a Goliath bird eater or something different they say Goliath is not for beginners what would u recommend a t that burrows and thanks again for all ur help been looking for weeks for help

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Any of the Brachypelmas are great, they burrow as slings but then spend most of their time in view. If you want a T that will grow big then a Lasiodora parahybana is a good choice.

Ranger94

I found it finally very cool and pretty t I found one online at underground reptiles have y'all ever bought Ts from there

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Moved plants after alot of help from a cool dude on here she is loving it and scary how well he know Ts

View attachment 36893

This hobby is all about experience. The longer you're in it and the further you branch the more you will learn. You'll get there aswell, but yes. There are some very experienced keepers on here who are more than willing to help