• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help me ID my tarantula

hellknite

3 Year Member
I suspected that,they have huge attitude almost more than some old world specimens. Jon3800 on YouTube,calls it the evil spawn from hell haha its funny when he says that.

I watched this video.. because I got curious with the "evil spawn from hell" ... haha... I'm gonna call my T that one..

hellknite

3 Year Member
Something else I must mention, these are seen from bronze to a deep purple. So it might be just coloration,or maybe see Rick or someone else classify them differently. I have picked up on something myself,which is very interesting. I got a Singapore blue,the color was dull she had a small abdomen etc. After a few weeks,her color became so beautiful abdomen plump etc. So,I am hypothesizing health and certain T's coloration walk hand in hand. Since my T didn't molt,it actually got the vibrant blue back I actually have photos of this.
I think color is starting to change..
uploadfromtaptalk1410588784468.jpg

hellknite

3 Year Member
Something else I must mention, these are seen from bronze to a deep purple. So it might be just coloration,or maybe see Rick or someone else classify them differently. I have picked up on something myself,which is very interesting. I got a Singapore blue,the color was dull she had a small abdomen etc. After a few weeks,her color became so beautiful abdomen plump etc. So,I am hypothesizing health and certain T's coloration walk hand in hand. Since my T didn't molt,it actually got the vibrant blue back I actually have photos of this.
Now I think she is turning into bronze as you mentioned...
uploadfromtaptalk1411362624286.jpg

hellknite

3 Year Member
I wonder if it will it ever go back to its purplish color? I'll just gonna wait as we discussed earlier..

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Also,my view isn't on color stages but actual color strength meaning from a dull to a more prominent color possibly due to health etc. Color stages can be seen within specimens all through the genera,as for Phormictopus Cancerides there are some purple ones through to bronze same specimen or a different one to be classified ? All will probably become more clear in time,people like Rick West is working on this. That photo I posted off of Rick Wests photo Gallery,clearly shows Phormictopus Possibly Sp. Cancerides.

hellknite

3 Year Member
Also,my view isn't on color stages but actual color strength meaning from a dull to a more prominent color possibly due to health etc. Color stages can be seen within specimens all through the genera,as for Phormictopus Cancerides there are some purple ones through to bronze same specimen or a different one to be classified ? All will probably become more clear in time,people like Rick West is working on this. That photo I posted off of Rick Wests photo Gallery,clearly shows Phormictopus Possibly Sp. Cancerides.
uploadfromtaptalk1412481860474.jpg

Sometimes bronze like, sometimes purplish..

Latest posts