• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help I think I'm obsessed!

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Hey everyone,

Ok so ive been keeping tarantulas a short while (not a year yet) i started off with a Chilean rose then bought a pink toe juvenile, a Mexican red knee and orange starburst baboon slings. Now i have a new wish list of:
Green bottle blue
Giant white knee
Salmon pink

Although i will wait till my slings are at least juveniles haha. Is everyone else like this? Always wanting more, i had no idea when i got into this hobby i would want more haha.

I think I'm ill :p

Chris

RubenGamez

3 Year Member
No, although I've owned my first T for less than a month, I'm already looking and anticipating my future buys. I do believe this is a normal thing for all members of the hobby, and it sure is great. :p

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here in the States there is an advert for crisps that states something to the effect of "Bet you can't have just one."

This applies to T's as well...

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
I am obsessed too! So your not the only one lol. I have 4 T's and I am still constantly looking for more :)
They are just so interesting and facinating creatures!
I know when I move out I will have a room/basement for my T's!!! ;):p

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I bought my two slings not long after my first T, a B. smithi juvie. It's an addictive hobby! ;)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Im still learning too, there is so much to know and so many beautiful tarantulas. I need a bigger room :p

Chris
Oh I know! I was thinking the same thing lol I read up on T's a couple of times a day and I am always on this forum! My brain absorbs everything about T's like a sponge I just love it! I need a bigger room too, I a running out of shelf space. HAHA

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dont worry it happens to a lot of people im mostly addicted to rosies and red kneed but I love them all

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Dont worry it happens to a lot of people im mostly addicted to rosies and red kneed but I love them all
I am addicted to the big big T's ;) I just love that I can have a creature so old and Goliath in my room that I can watch and be apart of everyday. But I love all T's too! I don't have a favorite because all T's have different unique qualities that make each of them fascinating! :cool:

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Haha the question is.... Where :p
Well I know my first house wont be my "dream house" but if it has a spare bedroom I will fill it with t's! :cool: And when I do have my dream house I want to have almost like a mini lab room for my t's, with shelves, table, counter top, cabinets, sink..etc. I've got it all planned out lol