• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello....

77RRad

3 Year Member
new here and new to Ts. Was out riding dirt bikes and a Arizona Blond T walk was walking under my trailer so I picked it up and was taking it to a buddy of mine as he has a few and I talk the wife into keeping it and my wife and daughter love it now.
It is a male so we are expecting it to die in a month or so because I guess it was migrating. Talked to my buddy about releasing it because of this and he said no, it life is prolonged with us if we take care of it right so we kept it.

Fast forward a month and we bought a Mexican Fire Leg also and love it. Now my wife is actually looking at different kinds of Ts so we can get 1 more.

Both Ts are in separate glass enclosures @ 10 gallons with a hiding place and water dish. the floor is about 3-4 inches high. The Blond is VERY active and always moving. and the Fire Leg is most of the time sitting outside the hiding place but uses it for an hour or so every day.

Hopefully gonna have one more soon but that's about it for us, 3 is enough.

Ron

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
new here and new to Ts. Was out riding dirt bikes and a Arizona Blond T walk was walking under my trailer so I picked it up and was taking it to a buddy of mine as he has a few and I talk the wife into keeping it and my wife and daughter love it now.
It is a male so we are expecting it to die in a month or so because I guess it was migrating. Talked to my buddy about releasing it because of this and he said no, it life is prolonged with us if we take care of it right so we kept it.

Fast forward a month and we bought a Mexican Fire Leg also and love it. Now my wife is actually looking at different kinds of Ts so we can get 1 more.

Both Ts are in separate glass enclosures @ 10 gallons with a hiding place and water dish. the floor is about 3-4 inches high. The Blond is VERY active and always moving. and the Fire Leg is most of the time sitting outside the hiding place but uses it for an hour or so every day.

Hopefully gonna have one more soon but that's about it for us, 3 is enough.

Ron
Hello and welcome from team tarantulaforum.com,we all have said only one or two well read through the forum and see how that went haha.

77RRad

3 Year Member
well.... you were kinda right. LOL
picked up a 3" Haplopelma lividum ( Cobalt Blue) and
2.5" Poecilotheria Metallica (Gooty Sapphire Ornamental)
Trying to decide what I am going to get when my Arizona Blonde dies 8 (.
Its a male and was migrating so not expecting past February.

77RRad

3 Year Member
I am good with 4. I got them in 10 gallon tanks each and where I have them I got no more room.
Basically they are in my dinning room / kitchen kind bar counter. I told my Wife and daughter its so they don't put garabage on the counter now so its cleared off for the tanks.
I am wondering if 10 gallon tanks are to big. I see everyone has them in smaller enclosures.
Should I put them in 5 gallon? I don't want to go to small.

Ron

SweetP

3 Year Member
Good with 4... we now have 15 and are heading to a Reptile show next month to look for some more... Reminder... you are the one who wanted a tarantula...

Latest posts