• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from St. Helens, England

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Hello, my name is Christopher (please call me Chris) I'm 24 years old and a full time Student at the University of Liverpool studying Biological science. I only recently started keeping tarantulas to overcome my fear of them,I'm so glad i did for they are beautiful creatures.

I currently own 4 tarantulas:
  • Chilean rose (Grammostola rosea) aka fluffy (adult)
  • Pink toe (Avicularia avicularia) aka Terrence (juvenile)
  • Mexican red knee (Brachypelma smithi) aka speedy (sling)
  • Orange starburst baboon (Pterinochilus murinus) aka Tango (sling)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Hi bigTgirl,

Thanks. I like the collection ive got. I cant wait for my Mexican Red knee and Orange Starburst Baboon to grow (both 1cm slings) so i can see the stunning colours.

Chris
I have a LP sling and I am so eager to watch this little thing grow. She just molted so she is getting her legs in!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You got three of my favourites. I think you should treat yourself to a giant white knee too ( acanthoscurria geniculata ) :) How did the red knee come to be called Speedy are you being ironic or have you actually got one that moves? My ones could win prizes for being lazy.

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
You got three of my favourites. I think you should treat yourself to a giant white knee too ( acanthoscurria geniculata ) :) How did the red knee come to be called Speedy are you being ironic or have you actually got one that moves? My ones could win prizes for being lazy.
Haha what 3 are they? Haha I'd love a white knee but i think i'll let my slings grow up a bit. Haha yes I'm being ironic. I couldn't think of any other name haha

What do you have?

Chris

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive got 6 red knees, 3 red legs, 9 rosies, 2 pink toes, 2 red & white, 2 gold knees and only one white knee now as my other one matured and went back to his breeder a while ago I really miss him he was so cool. If I had a thousand red knees I would still want some more they are beautiful. Speedy is a great name

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Ive got 6 red knees, 3 red legs, 9 rosies, 2 pink toes, 2 red & white, 2 gold knees and only one white knee now as my other one matured and went back to his breeder a while ago I really miss him he was so cool. If I had a thousand red knees I would still want some more they are beautiful. Speedy is a great name
Wow that's a lot! I thought i had too many with 4 haha, i think the white knee or salmon pink is my next t

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Wow that's a lot! I thought i had too many with 4 haha, i think the white knee or salmon pink is my next t
Salmon Pinks are GREAT T's! Trust me I have a Pink Toe, Chaco Golden Knee, and a feisty Rose Hair, and out of all of those my LP sling is the easiest or can tolerate being handled. Aragon doesn't mind it but he is happy on his log in his tank, my Chaco is a big hair flicker LOL for such a tiny sling! And since I just got my Rosie I'm still getting to know him. ;)

Eightleggedchris

3 Year Member
Salmon Pinks are GREAT T's! Trust me I have a Pink Toe, Chaco Golden Knee, and a feisty Rose Hair, and out of all of those my LP sling is the easiest or can tolerate being handled. Aragon doesn't mind it but he is happy on his log in his tank, my Chaco is a big hair flicker LOL for such a tiny sling! And since I just got my Rosie I'm still getting to know him. ;)
i didnt expect a big spider would be easy to care for

Latest posts