• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Canada!

Tarino Palma

Hi everyone, I’m Tara! I just joined the forum today, and I’m so excited to have found a community of people who want to talk spiders! My first ever T was an Avicularia Avicularia I named Avis (don’t judge me; they all get names lol!) She is very docile and was a great beginner specimen for me. I have since grown my spider room quite a bit, and there will always be something on my wish list! The hobby has really grown on me. I particularly love designing enclosures. I have a really big project on the go now for my H. Gigas.

Anyway, I’m happy to have found this community. I’m looking forward to being a part of it :)

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

Everyone in my crew that is big enough gets a little pumpkin from the craft store for Halloween. That is about as exciting as my set-ups get.

Do you have a favorite you've set up so far?

Tarino Palma

I love it! I understand the spider doesn’t care, and too much just takes up floor space and creates hiding places for live prey, but I plan for that. My Hapalopus sp. Columbia (large) lives in a little pumpkin patch! Lol!

Attachments

• 6214C10C-1AC5-45F1-ACD8-1DB2EF3B071C.jpeg
    6214C10C-1AC5-45F1-ACD8-1DB2EF3B071C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Jeef

3 Year Member
Mine isn't nearly that elaborate. I do have a few pumpkin tippers and my B. hamorii bit hers. Not attacked. I was sitting on the couch and heard a weird noise from her enclosure. She climbed down on it and bit it. Not sure what possesses them sometimes. ‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_165615927.jpg
    IMG_20221003_165615927.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Jeef

3 Year Member
Mine isn't nearly that elaborate. I do have a few pumpkin tippers and my B. hamorii bit hers. Not attacked. I was sitting on the couch and heard a weird noise from her enclosure. She climbed down on it and bit it. Not sure what possesses them sometimes. ‍♂️
That was supposed to be a shrug emoji at the end of that? Not sure what's up with that either.

Latest posts