• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone!

HowwCrazyy

Hello, I’ll introduce myself with a few things about me and how I started with the tarantula hobby.

I started around 7 years ago now with no knowledge at all apart from a few YouTube videos. I was very intrigued and wanted to get onboard with the hobby. I ordered around 5 slings but never researched any of them stupidly! I would very much discourage anyone from doing this!

I ended up getting;

Avicularia avicularia
Ceratogyrus darlingi
Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan
Poecilotheria metallica
Lasiodora parahybana

I ended up losing my Avicularia avicularia due to a bad molt after 1 year. along with Poecilotheria metallica after around 3 months.

Due to my situation of keeping them I had to get rid of them apart from one. I was young and my parents didn’t want me having a load of them as they all obviously started getting bigger and needed bigger enclosures. So I decided to keep my Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan.

Reason for this was because I never seem to see anything about this species online it seems like it’s the black sheep of the hobby. Five years later I’ve now got my own place and am looking to get fully back into it again so I’ve now got myself a Grammostola pulchra which I’ve had for around 1 year 2 months.

I have a lot more knowledge now and due to being brave and keeping my old world “kaeng krackan” I’ve gained a lot of confidence with rehousing and caring for these amazing arachnids!

I’ll add two photos of my tarantulas;
One of my Grammostola pulchra at 6 months old eating a locust twice its size (pre killed)

Second of my kaeng krackan on its last rehouse.

Be looking forward to seeing everyone’s T’s and learning more about the hobby and other species!

IMG_9680.jpeg
IMG_8871.jpeg

Latest posts