• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings

Shane24

Hello! I’m new to the group. I finally got my Grammostola pulchra sling and I couldn’t be happier!
IMG_6724.jpeg

Shane24

Thanks! I’m new to the hobby. I’ve read a lot and researched. lol the first thing my G.P did after I rehoused was to burrow and seal off. We will see how long before she/he wants to eat.

Shane24

I plan on only have 1 tarantula. I chose the G.P. She was expensive at $250 but I think worth it! I’ll post a picture of his/her enclosure soon.

Shane24

Well, 5 days now sealed up. I know they can seal up for a long time. Will it come out when it’s hungry?

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

My G. pulchra buried itself for around 4 or 5 months. It happens.

When I started out, I only wanted to have one tarantula. My first order came with a freebie, so that went straight out the window. Then I managed to get interested in a few other species. Reading will do that to you. Don't be surprised if you end up with more. And if you don't that's cool too.

Shane24

lol yeah I’ve heard how addictive this hobby can become. My G.Pulchra ate a little tonight, a cricket. I was happy to see. I’m like a hovering worried new parent and all it wants is to be left alone. I named it Ebony Web. :)) I think I’ll just back off. Offer it a cricket every other day and make sure temperature and humidity are okay.