• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings

Retic

3 Year Member
Good day.

so a bit about me..

I am from South Africa and i have grown up with animals.. mostly loved the ones other people didn't..

for example when i was in school i had written an exam with wild caught Puff added in my bag.. this was only cause i rescued it on my way to the exam room..

I have always had a fascination with Tarantula's and have kept some baboon Spiders and so on in the past.. but never really got to have them for more than a few weeks..

There where a few ups and downs. for example.. as a 13 year or kid i had come accros this impressive hole in the ground.. spent hours trying to find out whats in it.. eventually decided to go look at night with a torch and it was a Horned Baboon.. (Theraphosidae ceratogyrus darlingi) beautiful species.. Hid it from my mom and kept it in a fish tank.. after about a week or so i woke up and found it on its back.. I thought it had died.. and got rid of it.. turns out that was a huge mistake as i learned later that it was most likely molting... Big mistake and i am quite ashamed of it.. taking this majestic animal out of the wild and not knowing what i was doing..

So a friend of a friends wife forced him to get rid of hes Tarantula's.
and i got these for free. (I still think the poor guy has to regret it)

1. Trinidad Chevron (Psalmopoeus cambridgei)
1. Green Bottle Blue (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)
1. Salmon Pink (Lasiodora parahybana) think so....

I think its a Salmon pink.. but im not sure.. as i didn't speak to the guy personally.. hes wife just left them on my doorstep..

In Light of this.. I think I am actually quite Lucky... cause my Fiance has a huge phobia regarding spiders.. and previous attempts of getting tarantulas failed miserably with conversations ending with Never! Now she was forced to have a look at them.. and actually seems to be getting over her fear.. Means I can posibly get more.

Psalmopoeus cambridgei
4G4QNwwHrqhfw_hDPqlKyLJ7v1r0sSH5Zzaasm395v8%2CKmtjUihj1DCJHcCyGHQ34pqLQQBa-6zTyvweP9Jto9g

Psalmopoeus cambridgei Ventral
fCmQRsyvCqh-DcVWRabQpFWp-Sf3knSWQ6-2PqbaImM%2CrIyLAM0qv722LLSxLqq5g22VQZR5Tu6ErwkdbQISG7w

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
qWaiKtqdQNAhGoiN7s_xm3KdI25ombGwu4GOW9cdXiE%2CaLRPeqWiM52y0h1pcld4UZgzfpRhStrK5WaT5DNEFd8

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Ventral
pnCqa9ZfHqzzIwmSnQ2LKHGAC_5eIaVuZ0wYsRBjlNQ%2C_qjeZwj0LfmIAOROF491tHfbz72PUcFsLJF8HQQgSok

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens Feeding Video (Sorry first time i had ever uploaded anything to youtube...)

Lasiodora parahybana think so??
uCMsRwtmp2qxPJSU7-DQWj236JPT-wNp4zGyDya4J20%2CVxSfG6YUDsPcgVJDduZUEqnBrkm03VqcmNNCAoR5jyQ

Lasiodora parahybana (Cell phone pic. Il try and get better)
6blM1t1zN3iWX7ic4IvP35pEDDMWM6Noh8povxTpA2U

Lasiodora parahybana think so?? Ventral
ZqjLDY41NlFnVlLcE9UoDVe9Z04RzuUZF2ohXBfycNQ%2C70TzsBxHqelitKXZLIWrhtC26VmjIE76ETlLkW2qSDM

Thanks a lot.
Looking forward to being an active participant on this awesome forum.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome
You were very lucky to receive those free,maybe fate ? Haha. The Lasiodora parahybana is a huge T with attitude,the GBB is a stunning terrestrial. As for the chevron,well a nice looking arboreal indeed I have a female myself. Hope you enjoy it here,and this is just the start for you.

Retic

3 Year Member
Thanks guys! I am already fighting the urge... want to go to the sos Expo.... don't think i should....

In any case... Martin.. you have an amazing collection!!!!!

I love the Antilles Pinktoe tarantula/Avicularia Versicolor.
no.. i love them all.. :p

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks guys! I am already fighting the urge... want to go to the sos Expo.... don't think i should....

In any case... Martin.. you have an amazing collection!!!!!

I love the Antilles Pinktoe tarantula/Avicularia Versicolor.
no.. i love them all.. :p

Haha thanks,but the list is very outdated. The addiction gets to one,so fast !!!

Retic

3 Year Member
So i might have been a bit mad in the head... But i blame all the Research.. :p

Got the Following at a local petshop..

1. Avicularia versicolor
1. Psalmopoeus irminia
2. Brachypelma smithi (Still need to take pics of them)

All slings

Antilles pinktoe tarantula (Avicularia versicolor) soooooo Cute
KCrWof6bv26zVQLD6W56HDAKrf3Lt1SVLFvAGlIMnQE%2C_txDAq7dAkCf9AnH8BpWgZJ9WHQfR67Ia0BlU8mcdVM

Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopoeus irminia) Loves Food.. also Very Cute.. :p
-hF_cWTDv7j8UKp0nXSRRPsQuohFMKTPyPnSsdJkwvo%2CJnu4LQs5I4iotsYgCh4yV-IH6DZVmcsHwwOqLX2qxf0

Retic

3 Year Member
Thanks Guys!

Why is this Addiction so powerful...

In the past week i have gotten more..

1 Chaco golden knee (Grammostola pulchripes) sling
1 Mexican Red rump (Brachypelma vagans) sling
1 Fringed ornamental (Poecilotheria ornata) sling
2 Gooty Sapphire (Poecilotheria metallica) slings
1 Togo Starbust (Heteroscodra maculata) sling

I will Post some pics Later.. just waiting for them to settle down

Latest posts