• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings :D

Nerris

3 Year Member
Hi there, been a proud parent to a baby Chilean Rose called Nerris for about a month now. This is my first time so I'm looking for advice, as I have heard so many different things and obviously I want to give her the very best care that I can. Any tips for a starter would be great :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you. Unfortunately it is a pic I grabbed off line as this cute little jumper does not belong to me.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the site and to the hobby! I don't have much in the way of advice yet, since I just recently got my first T. as well, so we'll be learning together :)

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I am in the same boat with you guys. I researched the heck out of the subject before I decided to do it and already have 6, lol. I am VERY tempted to sneak back to one of the shops I know and see if they have anything else I can bring home but I think my hubby would notice....

Nerris

3 Year Member
Bast - what kind do you have? It's nice to know I'm not the only newbie. Good luck!

Dalilah Blue - what kind do you have? I know what you mean, I want more but I'm waiting till I have my own place. My fella wants geckos too so watch this space haha

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 2 B. vagans, one juvie female and one .5inch sling, a L. parahybana 1inch sling, a G. pulchiripes 1inch sling, a N. chromatus .5inch sling, and an A. geniculata .5ibch sling.

I love geckos. I fell in love with a pair of tree geckos last week and gave serious yhought it them. But I have always wanted chameleons.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We have a little A. avicularia (that's her in my picture), my son has named her Karina :) I am keeping my eyes open for a B.smithi locally, since that's what species my son wants. Which is funny because until we went to go see Karina, my son was terrified of spiders. It was love at first sight for both of us :)

Oh boy, Geckos are another addicting hobby lol. I bought one Leopard Gecko, and then the addiction was in full swing for both me and my fiancee (no longer together), we had 5 Leos within 4 months and then we added some Fat tails and a couple Day geckos and then a mish mash of other small lizards lol (all rescues after the first 2). He still has all of them except 1 (RIP Giz), so I still get updates and pictures :)

Latest posts