• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Great feeding day. :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I fed all three of my Ts today and it sure was fun. :) Lulu had not eaten in nearly two months (there was a molt in there), so when I dropped the first cricket in and she attacked it, I sure was thrilled. Now hopefully she'll start to fill out!

The two others are tiny slings, and even pinhead crickets were too big for them, so I had to kill them first. Yuck...that was a first for me! But it was worth it when I got to watch both slings happily chowing down. :p Can't wait to watch them grow!

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Feeding these little guys was a big "hurdle" I was anxious to get over...before now, I've had no experience with slings. I was really worried that I wouldn't find the right size food, and I was definitely not looking forward to having to kill the crickets first! But I discovered that if I shook one around in a container it would get all dopy, then doing the deed was easy. :p And, the babies loved it! So everyone's happy. :)