• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

got another!!!

kaz

3 Year Member
update since last on here!

My First addition: Rose hair turned out to be female
WP_20150717_002.jpg

Brazilian black straight after molt ( female)
WP_20150612_006.jpg

Mexican Red knee before molt
PhotoCrop_2015-04-22_01-29-05-PM.jpg

straight after (quite the difference)
WP_20150612_004.jpg

and the latest tiny Red Leg!!
WP_20150918_006.jpg

And yes I did use common names, I got sarcastic comments last time but what can I say it insures no spelling errors !!!!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Very nice! Your getting some color in your collection now. [emoji3]
Btw, I'm all for using binomial names but overlook the occasional misspelling. [emoji6]
Without doing a search, can you give the binomial name of a Dwarf salmon pink or my "whistling baboon"? Not being sarcastic either.

Oodalolie

3 Year Member
Big difference with the red knee before and after!
I like common names. The pink toes are easy to keep track of with their fancy scientific names, but beyond that, I just get jumbled. Nice T's :)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice spiders. Your Red Leg (Emilia?) is so cute. I use common names when talking to non spidey people and the scientific names for spider forums, etc.. I can see the point of using them because every country has a different name for one Tarantula.
The exception being the Green Bottle Blue: Chromatopelma Cyanoe... Cyana... Cyanopu........ GBB, there!!!;)
And I just cannot pronounce (or remember) Acanthoscurria, lol.:T:

kaz

3 Year Member
well thanks everyone. red knee due another molt hasn't eaten in over two weeks bald spot been dark for over a week and still waiting, be another interesting update!! Suspect female but who knows!!!! The tiny ones been busy burrowing away so is interesting to have one in the collection that does so, as all my others seem not to bother just happy to lounge in the open. And as for names I could only give the first letters, or it in short for the scientific name of the birdeater being LP!!!! Really can't remember in full haha and as for dwarf I didn't know there was one!!

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very good start to a collection. That pulchra looks just like mine, same size and everything.. Unfortunately she's a psychopath :( She enjoys charging and slapping my fingers anytime I do maintenance...I still love her though. I'm looking into permanent care facilities in my area...maybe medication will help, but we're not very hopeful :(

Latest posts