• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. rosea question

Tim Millwood

3 Year Member
Ok 1st I know they go for months without eating. I have one G. rosea about 5 " which does this all the time. but here is my question. my other Rose is about 3" and she eats like there is no tomorrow. she would eat every day if I would feed her. is this normal?

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes its normal. I've got 8 rosies and some eat like vultures and some are picky and go off food for ages. One of my young ones would probably eat while moulting if he could, he has never turned down food.

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
Yes its normal. I've got 8 rosies and some eat like vultures and some are picky and go off food for ages. One of my young ones would probably eat while moulting if he could, he has never turned down food.

Two of my rosies went for months without eating, then would only eat every now and again, but my fav rosie daphne was a greedy lil piggy. When i got her from pet shop they told me they had been giving her two to three crickets everyday!!!!

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I didnt continue to feed her that much, but her abdomen never got too large/fat for her. Ive seen pics of other peoples where they look as though they are about to burst, id never let mine get to that stage. I gave her one small cricket everyday for two weeks then went to one every four days then two crickets every week. Did t want to change her routine drastically straight away incase it altered her mood. If she didnt eat them id take them out the next day but if she wondered around looking for more id throw another one in and let her have it. My red knee didnt eat for 9 months then three weeks after she moulted she was starving so gave her two small crickets which she devoured as though there were no 2mro and then she had one large cricket every other day for a while. Each T varies. I wouldnt bulk feed like three or four every day all the time like some people do. Aslong as her abdomen isnt stretched fat or is thin and shrivelled then she should be fine. Nice and solid looking, not bloated