• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

remington

Most online sources purport that they can get up to 7-8 inches, sometimes even 9. I’m assuming this is measuring leg span end to end. Is that true? It seems gigantic and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that large in a video or photo.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
7" if your lucky. People love to exaggerate size for some reason. My female is 12 years old and is 6".

It's kinda like saying humans grow to 7'. When in reality the average human height is 5'9". Yes every once in a while you get a grower but I wouldn't count on it. I once had a male hamorii that was 7.5", that's a 1.5" larger then the average female and 2" over the males.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
7" if your lucky. People love to exaggerate size for some reason. My female is 12 years old and is 6".

It's kinda like saying humans grow to 7'. When in reality the average human height is 5'9". Yes every once in a while you get a grower but I wouldn't count on it. I once had a male hamorii that was 7.5", that's a 1.5" larger then the average female and 2" over the males.
I have a G pulchripes that is over 6" now and not done growing. I also have a B hamorii MM that is 7+ inches, much larger than his lady friends. I've had P murinus MMs that were 6" and 4" - there's no rule that applies to all when it comes to growth potential.

Latest posts