• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Pulchripes female ventral pic

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Here's my grammastolla pulchripes immature female. Photo points out the gonoslit. This sexing was confirmed by examining her shed skin. She is about 4.5" now but is was able to sex her at 3.5".
image.jpg

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
What do you think now? I've a clear photo shot of her abdomen too me in my eyes she looks like she has that (yes I'm being really careful and watching her)
uDNcogBN_iw.jpg

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Tara I took the liberty of tweaking your photo in iPhoto. Based on this photo with a gun to my head, I would say its a male. If you look between the anterior book lungs there appears to be a small round spot. I'm 75% sure it's male but to be 100% sure you'd have to examine the next molted skin.
image.jpg

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tara, you appear to have a male. The epiandrous fussilae is clearly visible. That said, Ventral sexing is not 100% accurate and I would wait for a molt to confirm.

Latest posts